Steward Apprentice

Discussion in 'RFA' started by 5oclockhero, Aug 17, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just received my provisional offer. Has anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. How much was it and what did they expect?
  3. Not as much as it used to be, but we are made aware of that from the outset.

4. I did. Nice surprise for me (it's my birthday on Thursday!)
  5. Well done JamieD, lots to sort out now.

6. Certainly is.
  7. Received mine yesterday too. Well done 5oclockhero
  8. Thanks n well done to you too.
    That's 3 of the 8 known.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Me too!!!! just wrote a thread before reading this .
    Well done everyone :)
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Well, that's four of us then!
    • Like Like x 2
  11. One thing I'm not looking forward to is being my doctors new pin cushion with all the vaccinations I'll have to get!
  12. Yeah that's not going to be fun !
  13. The easy bit is the vaccinations & eng1.

The painful part is the 4 (excruciatingly long) weeks waiting for the security clearance to come back when you've already completed everything else!

Well done guys. Good luck and get that security clearance done as a priority!
  14. Thanks for the heads up. I've got most of my stuff sorted. Just the jabs, the uniform sheet, pension and the security check (which I'll be keeping a keen eye on my email for a little while!)

Sent from my D2203 using Tapatalk
  15. Ave you got any Tats?
  16. My doctor was a pain in the arse to get my jabs through I eventually went private and claimed the money back! SC is done online set aside two hours of your life you will never get back to complete it it's a mare! Anything they don't understand or want more info on delays the clearance and can take a lot longer than four weeks so as soon as you get the link have everything to hand (Birth cert etc) and complete it.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. None at all.

And thank you Toffo.

Sent from my D2203 using Tapatalk
    • Like Like x 1
  18. No tats that's good, however I am suprised by the number of heavily tattooed young thrusters who are sh1t scared of the needle ;)
  19. Same. Though I wouldn't say I'm scared of the needle, I'm a blood donor. No use being scared of needles with the size they punch into your arm haha.
    • Like Like x 1