Stevie Wonder in Japan

BusterQuin

War Hero
Stevie Wonder is playing his first gig in Tokyo and the place is absolutely packed to the rafters. In a bid to break the ice with his new audience he asks if anyone would like him to play a request.

A little old Japanese man jumps out of his seat in the first row and shouts at the top of his voice "Play a Jazz chord! Play a jazz chord!"
Amazed that this guy knows about the jazz influences in Stevie's varied career, the blind impresario starts to play an E minor scale and then goes into a difficult jazz melody for about 10 minutes.
When he finishes the whole place goes wild.
The little old man jumps up again and shouts "No, no, play a Jazz chord, play a Jazz chord".
A bit hacked off by this, Stevie, being the professional that he is, dives straight into a jazz improvisation with his band around the B flat minor chord and really tears the place apart.
The crowd goes wild with this impromptu show of his technical expertise.
The little old man jumps up again. "No, no. Play a Jazz chord, play a jazz chord".
Well and truly hacked off that this little guy doesn't seem to appreciate his playing ability. Stevie says to him from the stage
"OK smart ass. You get up here and do it!"
The little old man climbs up onto the stage, takes hold of the mike and starts to sing .....
"A jazz chord to say I ruv you..."

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Speech: Amanda Spielman at the 'Wonder Years' curriculum conference MoD News 0
Waspie US wonder why they have shootings!!! Diamond Lil's 6
BillyNoMates Before Wonder Woman there was.... Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 1
exJenny Wonder if they'll inter, cremate or... Diamond Lil's 5
wet_blobby They wonder why we call them Pongos..... Diamond Lil's 11
BillyNoMates Champion the Wonder Lasagne! Champion the wonder Lasagne! Diamond Lil's 23
scouse Wonder which Sir has sponsored this race at Devon and Exeter today Diamond Lil's 1
D Wonder if this will catch on in the RN? Diamond Lil's 13
J I wonder if she likes it doggy style... Diamond Lil's 4
Rumrat I wonder. Diamond Lil's 6
thereverend Champex and other wonder drugs... Health & Fitness 27
Rumrat I Wonder After Afghanistan and the gulf? Diamond Lil's 7
soleil Scotsman (Opinion): "No wonder Jack Tar's jolly ......" Current Affairs 0
Ja5on I wonder how long he will have the piss taken out of? Diamond Lil's 0
trelawney126 No Wonder I'm So Knackered Diamond Lil's 4
chockhead819 Wonder why this didn't make the news Current Affairs 11
chieftiff I wonder what has changed in 30 years? Current Affairs 11
C I wonder if anyone could help me. RMR 8
bigbaddog F-15 (One-Wing Wonder) Diamond Lil's 37
N Royal sprog on the way - wonder who the father is? Diamond Lil's 21
creddly I Wonder How SnapDragon's Doing... The Gash Barge 22
Skunkmiester I wonder how many days nine's for this? Diamond Lil's 10
MoD_RSS Demand for handmade UK luxury leather bags spike in Japan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Truss opening Statement at launch of UK Japan trade talks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK and Japan start trade negotiations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Liz Truss kick-starts trade negotiations with Japan   MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK is taking forward future trade and investment relationship with Japan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British businesses go for gold in Japan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK – Japan trade hits record high in boost for Scottish firms MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Kent biotech business set to make £1m thanks to Japan exports MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Royal visit marks long-standing dialogue with Japan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Minister for Asia visits South Korea, Mongolia and Japan to discuss free trade, climate change and gender equality MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Japan Rugby World Cup: Investment in UK Housing & Regeneration MoD News 0
skyvet England team to intimidate the Tongans in Japan! Sports and Adventure Training 0
MoD_RSS International Trade Secretary meets Japan’s Minister of Foreign Affairs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK-Japan exchange of letters on mutual recognition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK advances preparations for new UK-Japan Economic Partnership MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK International Trade Secretary visits New Zealand, Australia and Japan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK in JAPAN 2019-20 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Readout of International Trade Secretary's call with Japan's Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM call with Prime Minister Abe of Japan: 2 August 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Boost for housing market as Japan’s biggest housebuilder, Sekisui House, moves into UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: PM statement alongside PM Shinzo Abe of Japan: 10 January 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Security minister chairs UK-Japan roundtable on hosting major events MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Japan opens market to British beef and lamb MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Japan opens market to British lamb and beef MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK and Japan forge new alliance to shape 21st Century MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Visits from Japan to the UK expected to grow in 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK's Creative Industries thrive in Japan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK welcomes approval of new trade agreement with Japan MoD News 0