Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

stepto, urban sailor and myself

sammysideways

Midshipman
Happy to say that we all passed out of HMS Raleigh last friday just gone. Proudist day of my life and such an amazing experience. If your thinking of joining the navy, take the plunge and do it.

jambosun

Lantern Swinger
BZ to all of you. It's the start of a completely new way of life so hang on in there and enjoy it!

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
BZ,
I remember my PO during basic, when he marched us down to the parade ground for our passing out parade he said, "This is the beginning gentlemen, not the end". How very true, the eve of a great 23 years (so far).

UrbanSailor

Midshipman
sammysideways said:
Happy to say that we all passed out of HMS Raleigh last friday just gone. Proudist day of my life and such an amazing experience. If your thinking of joining the navy, take the plunge and do it.

"take the plunge" :lol:

Me and Stepto did :p you went skimming and abandoned us :(

I still remember sitting there with you both on day 2 looking at that board of photos showing what we'd do in each week thinking it would take forever to get through phase 1. looking back now, its amazing how fast it all went by.

Did you get a chance to see the footage from our pass out parade yet? One of the guys here has a pretty good DVD that his family made, if you're interested then give me a shout next time you're near Mackenzie block and i'll see if hes about.

Now just remember

1. If you see some one running on your ship/boat stop them if they won't stop, run with them they know something that you don't.

2. All ladies are nice (or men if you bat that way) just some are nicer than others.

3. If its alcoholic, wet and paid for drink it you do not have to like it.

As told to me by an Old and Bold

Now you young lads just take care out there and ENJOY

Nutty
Rather old and not so bold.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS eAlert: 24 November 2020 - Urban Tree Challenge Fund successes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 134,000 trees to be planted through Urban Tree Challenge Fund MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Innovation call for urban drone technology MoD News 0
MoD_RSS eAlert: 30 March 2020 - Round two of the Urban Tree Challenge Fund opens today MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Second round of Urban Tree Challenge Fund opens today MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Future of Our Cities: Dstl publishes new report on the future of urban living MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 68 new parks to inject green space into urban areas MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Project to improve the lives of urban citizens and elderly people wins 2019 Newton Prize MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Developing affordable urban heat networks - apply for funding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS eAlert: 17 July 2019 - Urban Tree Challenge Fund application deadline MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tackling urban challenges in Malaysia: apply for funding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Government delivers new £10m fund to plant over 130,000 urban trees MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Investment in Catterick training area creates challenging urban training environment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement to parliament: Future of mobility: urban strategy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Potential of light rail schemes hailed for future urban travel MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Streets ahead: British AI eyes scan future frontline in multinational urban experiment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Salisbury Plain urban training facility upgrades praised MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Improvements to urban training on Salisbury Plain MoD News 0
Sharkey Urban myths Diamond Lil's 15
BillyNoMates Urban Graffiti. Diamond Lil's 0
MoD_RSS Royal Marines practise urban combat skills The Corps 19
SONAR-BENDER RN Urban Myths..... or not? The Quarterdeck 104
Shakey New Urban Myth Diamond Lil's 6
A Snakes invade Urban Australia The Gash Barge 5
Shakey Urban myth turns out to be true! Diamond Lil's 4
H Urban dictionary The Quarterdeck 0
clanky Naval Urban Myths The Quarterdeck 351
Naval_Gazer Queen approves posthumous VC for WWII Australian minesweeper sailor International 1
soleil FB: BBC Archive - On This Day - 1976 - Sailor The Fleet 25
soleil Plymouth Live: "Plymouth Sailor Corners Bungling Burglar Who Terrified Woman Then Fell From The Roof" Bases / Shore Est 0
P Enlighten a soon to be Sailor with your wildest stories from runs ashore! The Quarterdeck 17
soleil FB: RN - Liverpool: 18-year-old Sailor Rhys Gets A Birthday Surprise From His Family On Board HMS Prince Of Wales The Fleet 0
soleil Gibraltar Chronicle: "Police Renew Search For Sailor Who Went Missing In 1986" Bases / Shore Est 4
R 'The Red Sailor' (Patrick O'Hara) Diamond Lil's 24
Ageing_Gracefully What do you do with the drunken sailor? Diamond Lil's 49
K Girlfriend of a Sailor Nearest & Dearest 4
E Help me identify this sailor..... History 37
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy sailor killed during World War 1 is honoured as he is laid to rest MoD News 2
MoD_RSS News story: An unknown British World War 1 sailor's grave identified and rededicated a centrury after his death MoD News 0
SONAR-BENDER The Red Sailor The Book Club 37
MoD_RSS News story: Grave of brave Sussex born WW1 sailor finally rededicated almost a century later MoD News 1
MoD_RSS News story: Grave of World War 1 sailor rededicated 100 years after his death MoD News 0
BoatyMcBoatFace How much of the world does the average RN sailor see? Travel & The Great Outdoors 114
MoD_RSS News story: British Battle of Jutland sailor killed 100 years ago is finally honoured after... MoD News 0
slim Portsmouth sailor acquitted of voyeurism charge after recording steamy shower romp Diamond Lil's 34
northern-matelot Forgotten grave found and restored by sailor and his dog. The Quarterdeck 13
slim Who Wants their own copy of Patrick O'brians Red Sailor? The Book Club 16
justadrama soldier to sailor Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 58
M Death of sailor MoD News 0
dixie_gooner Sailor dies in incident on HMS Bulwark MoD News 20