Stephen Lord Harrison (Walt Threads Merged)

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by NooNoo, May 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has the FAA got it's own Jimbo Shortt?

Ran across this chap while sufing the net, and somthing about him just screams castleshort.

Stephen "Lord" Harrison

http://www.sterlingtraders.350.com/Royal=_Navy.htm

He apparently owns a diamond mine,
    He flew with 801 NAS in the Falklands,
    Is a Lord (feudal),
    and an Investment Banker (cockney rhyming slang?)
    He claims he left the service in 1990 but wears flying overalls wth Joint Force Harrier Patches all over them.

Anyone heard of him?

2. Re: Has the FAA got it's own Jimbo Shortt?

This guy is a complete FCUKING CON ARTIST!!

The last photo is a still from the video I shot "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing". The man coming out of the intake was our Commanding Officer (mentioning no names- persec) and it was shot in 2006. Complete and utter bollocks.

Look at his uniform in the first picture - looks like Fancy Dress !!!

3. Re: Has the FAA got it's own Jimbo Shortt?

If you check out the last photo in the RN section...caption claims he is a Lt Cdr but he has brass hat??

defo something fishy!

M

4. Re: Has the FAA got it's own Jimbo Shortt?

well spotted LT/CDR in 1989 with scrambled eggs :roll: :roll: thought if he was on 801 in the Falklands1982 he would have been higher up the carreer tree, than that. anyone know Sharkeys Email address, he would put this one to bed!!!

5. Re: Has the FAA got it's own Jimbo Shortt?

I'm on the case.

6. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Re: Has the FAA got it's own Jimbo Shortt?

A walt hunt afoot on RR,,,,,the Bob Spour hunt on arrse was interesting.

7. Re: Has the FAA got it's own Jimbo Shortt?

Just checked my Commisioning Book from the Invincible 1982, and this Harrison does not appear on the list of 801 Sqdn. Officers.
    I was one of the F/Deck Po's during this period, and have no recollection of him at all!
    Looking at his web site, he appears as somebody who likes dressing up in uniform. Pity he dos,nt research his target subject a little better.
    Roofs

8. Re: Has the FAA got it's own Jimbo Shortt?

I've just checked my copy of the 1989 Navy List and it contains no officer by the name of Stephen Harrison. Perhaps a member of the Fleet Air Arm Officers' Assn could chase this up with a view to any appropriate action being taken.

He's a Captain on his blog here although this is possibly because he flew commercially. Burke's Peerage does contain a Lord Stephen Harrison but I doubt it's the same man.

9. Re: Has the FAA got it's own Jimbo Shortt?

Never heard Invince as "vinny" before either or is it just me?

His blog Now he drives ships

another one No longer a harrier pilot

10. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Do pilots always have a "happy snap" on their first solo? I'd of thought they'd be a bit too worried for posing for the camera.

11. Re: Has the FAA got it's own Jimbo Shortt?

FFS :roll: :roll: The credit crunch is over :lol: :lol: loads of money!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: According to Stephen lord Harrison MBA, CEO of Sterling Traders Ltd, a London based fund management company “Our managed funds program was created by our own profitable, market tested professionals with an emphasis on risk management using appropriate stop loss and strict money management policies.†:wink: :wink: CEO IS FRED THE SHRED?????

Our managed accounts have more conservative money management rules, so we expect the returns to be between 60% and 120% per annum.†:roll: :roll: Can i upgrade my 3% ISA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

12. witsend

The use of the title/middle name Lord is confusing. For anyone whos never had the pleasure of reading this. And this Hollywood blockbuster.

Edit to add link to the King of walts.

13. Re: Has the FAA got it's own Jimbo Shortt?

Nickname: "Vince" :wink:

14. Re: Has the FAA got it's own Jimbo Shortt?

Got an oppo to have a quick skeg of the passing out phots at Dartmouth. No Harrison passing out in 1979.

15. Re: Has the FAA got it's own Jimbo Shortt?

"Nickname: "Vince" :lol:
    Agreed Scouse
    Roofs

16. Re: Has the FAA got it's own Jimbo Shortt?

"According to Stephen lord Harrison MBA, CEO of Sterling Traders Ltd, a London based fund management company "

Based near Barcalona according to some of his other websites

17. Re: Has the FAA got it's own Jimbo Shortt?

sure a CEO of successful businessman wouldn't rely on free website creators

350.com -- http://www.350.com/

18. witsend

Tidy up.

19. Re: Has the FAA got it's own Jimbo Shortt?

It's interesting to see the picture they have captioned "Changing a Rolls Royce Pegasus engine of a BAe Sea Harrier FRS1 onboard HMS Invincible in 1982." is actually changing a Peg engine on an FA2, with the new longer surcoats featuring reflective strips, introduced '99-2000 ish. Grab some phots off the net, do some basic research and you to could be a retired "Fighter Pilot"

Walt.