Steaming bats!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by dicky spanglish, Feb 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alright fellas,

This is my first time on the forums after trawling throughout the internet, so i wanna say hi to you and all :-D

my problem here is on earth can i get myself a pair of steaming bats?!

I know steaming bats were hard to get hold off originally, but im just wondering if any civvy companies make them? or if anyone knows where i can get a pair, bcos my current ones are falling apart :-(

btw im on about THE steaming bats, rings on the bottom of the sole and all!! lol

If anyone knows of the makers of the shoe, or anything please let me know :D

Yours truly

2. Bogey knights?? In Guzz?
  3. pompey rating unfortunately, but ill give a check out next time doing BOST

anyone else have any other ideas?
  4. So your in the mob and asking us how to get hold of bats???????

(I've 2 pairs at home :walk:)
  5. haha just having trouble getting a pair of old school bats, i think the mob have gone through 4 different manufacturers last year alone and my stbd bat has a leak and i can no longer go over ogin without getting a wet sock lol

my problem is not getting some bats, my problem is getting some steaming bats lol
  6. Are you God?? He would have no problem finding some bats!
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  7. I could be wrong (and often am) but I was under the impression that the company that used to make them (the ones with circles on the bottom), er, stopped making them. Therefore as Wrecker l points out, surplus stores are probably your best and probably only option...however, as pointed out earlier, this might not be the case...but I do know that that particular type have not been available from RN stores for years.
  8. I know you're after "old" ones, but if you change to require current ones there will also be issues. Once again, massive shortage. I saw something the other day about replacement (ie 1 for 1) requiring kit issue book and signed chit from DO.

For old ones, you could always ask Norman to point you towards one of the many Lt Cdrs who are in shore billets...
  9. I'm in the process of polishing mine for a funeral next week. Drew them at Yeovilton in 1973 and they're still better at taking a shine than any civvy shoes, but these are "Tuffkings", with a chevron type pattern on the sole.
    I still have a pair of the concentric circle pattern, but they have been relegated to the garden due to age and decrepitude - much like me.:-D