Steam

Went to one in Ringwood (?) a couple of times many, many moons ago. Lovely to see all the old donks turning and burning.

Made me evocative for my old Mamod steam engine - remember them? Probably banned now by HSE/fun police.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
I haven't been to the Dorset one for a couple of years, but, it's really something special. This year is the 5oth show and they had stuff come over from Canada and New Zealand. It's only problem is getting in and out because of the Dorset lanes, but they have Caravan parks and Camping fields as well, there's so much to see that staying the weekend would be the way to go.

Rember the steam tractor they had at Sultan in the 60's....great number if you could get it. Went to all the shows. Expect it's still around....

Rember the steam tractor they had at Sultan in the 60's....great number if you could get it. Went to all the shows. Expect it's still around....
I spent 3 months working on that engine after Mechs course, it was ace taking it out on the road. It was/is a Super Sentinel with an ovoid boiler.

And you can still buy Mamod steam engines, I've still got the one I bought before I joined up and its still going strong.