STC Branch, details and guidance

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I'm over it now. Those fuckers weren't there for me after Honduras.
They weren't there man. They weren't there.

No big deal. I resigned in the late '80s after being refused entry to the Scruffs' Bar one lunchtime for being overdressed. Apparently, my chinos were too clean and sharply pressed. Having just had a haircut and shave didn't help much, either. Thankfully, Bunny and Grifter walked out in sympathy and we all went for a pint in the RAG together. I haven't been back since.

Bitter? Moi?
Chinos?. Dear lord. I find that a Bedford cord is much more acceptable there. If you look closely at the painting over the mantlepeice in the bar, the second parachutist is wearing them. Apparantly they were standard issue in the SOE.

Chinos?. Dear lord. I find that a Bedford cord is much more acceptable there. If you look closely at the painting over the mantlepeice in the bar, the second parachutist is wearing them. Apparantly they were standard issue in the SOE.
Now we're getting historical. The figure in that painting was an abberation from when the STC manned the SOE's SB (Sleeping Beauty) element. Several members transferred to the American OSS after the war and duly became CIA operatives. If the cords were red, the culpwit was pwobably an ex-Army cavalwy we-twead.

For those not in the know, 'Sleeping Beauty' was the code name for the MSC (Motorised Submersible Canoe), examples of which can still be seen in museums.

Sleeping_Beauty_MSC_Cutaway_med.jpg

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Now we're getting historical. The figure in that painting was an abberation from when the STC manned the SOE's SB (Sleeping Beauty) element. Several members transferred to the American OSS after the war and duly became CIA operatives. If the cords were red, the culpwit was pwobably an ex-Army cavalwy we-twead.

For those not in the know, 'Sleeping Beauty' was the code name for the MSC (Motorised Submersible Canoe), examples of which can still be seen in museums.

View attachment 2898
From memory, the STC trouser were of a Navy Blue hue with a thin cord and as for role with the SOE, they manned the underwater morse department and marked out the sea DZ with lumnious bouys as part of the APSL (Airborne Parachute Sea Landing). The OSS were mere amateurs when it came to marine APSL operations and all their comms were strictly land based, thus open to DF from the hun.

wet_blobby

War Hero
"Blonde" Hasler. I always credited him with founding the SBS (cockleshell heroes). Never made the connection with the STC..... Doh. How dumb of me.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
...Never made the connection with the STC..... Doh. How dumb of me.
PTSD does that to people, I'm afraid. I still well up when I recall you telling me your tales in The Club about your lucky escape from Bagram in 2001 with nothing but your Gerber, a shemagh and 2m of bungee cord to assist you... :salut:

So who's up for drinks and tiffin next week? The club is laying on a special buffet to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of the Biscay Incident.

Naturally I'll be leading the toasts as usual and this year big mac Mctavish will be playing the pipes.

Hope to see you there.

Nocturnus Decirillium.

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
So who's up for drinks and tiffin next week? The club is laying on a special buffet to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of the Biscay Incident.

Naturally I'll be leading the toasts as usual and this year big mac Mctavish will be playing the pipes.

Hope to see you there.

Nocturnus Decirillium.
Our lot have a small do there at the same time so i may see you. We'll be in the beige room.

Rectumus Defende.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Brilliant! Good ol' Mac - has his moustache grown back after the flamethrower backfire incident? That was a close call (although it must be painful for him to play the porridge organ - that's dedication for you) :salut:

What happened on Op BARRAS stayed on Op BARRAS!
I wonder how many of you great unwashed are aware that Op BARRAS has been imortalised by of all places, Glasgow, which named a Sunday market after the event, due in no small part to the number of psychotic Jock STCs that took part.

Just Google 'Barras, Glasgow'. Mind you, there is no official sanction of this recognition.

PTSD does that to people, I'm afraid. I still well up when I recall you telling me your tales in The Club about your lucky escape from Bagram in 2001 with nothing but your Gerber, a shemagh and 2m of bungee cord to assist you... :salut:
That dit is now a text book example used during STC training. It was adopted in 2008 I believe.

---

Every turn of the shaft is a new adventure. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm having a few on the Hoe this W/E (Armed Forces Day 2012) with (Ex) CPO Tundish, D. Tank, that lunatic who dreamt
up *Op Harbour Cotter 78* (L.P. Blower) and three others who I cannot name (suffice to say their initials are A,V and B).
Anyone else going to make an appearance? We're all going to get hammered in sipperspub.co.uk if any
other manky STC bellend fancies showing up.

I might be there BNM, I'm test pilot for a batch IV TLAM. I think we're down to do a flypast and maybe a HALO drop onto the top of Smeatons tower (all depends on the weather)