STC Branch, details and guidance

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Ah, yes, how soon we forget DTGs, SICs, NAAIHTO, AVICOS & AIGs (I was a Stores POMEM on 'sweepers too :toothy3:) . It all makes sense again, LOL.

It must've been the flashbangs on the veranda, or was it the balcony?

What was the name of the book written about the branch? also how do you go about joining?
The working title of the book was (allegedly) 'Between The Devil and The Deep Blue Sea', however, I am sure I heard from a source at STC(1) (C95) at Scabby Wood that it was too close to the knuckle. It has therefore been pulled and certain sections being redacted, prior to a re-write. On the upside, this could include 'more recent' exploits......

As for joining, I've been outside too long, but I'm sure Monty will be along soon.

Today's codeword is 'POPCORN'

The working title of the book was (allegedly) 'Between The Devil and The Deep Blue Sea', however, I am sure I heard from a source at STC(1) (C95) at Scabby Wood that it was too close to the knuckle. It has therefore been pulled and certain sections being redacted, prior to a re-write. On the upside, this could include 'more recent' exploits......

As for joining, I've been outside too long, but I'm sure Monty will be along soon.

Today's codeword is 'POPCORN'

Thanks, I wanted to have a read to see what they really get up to, doesn't say much on here about them for obvious reasons but if anyone has any experience or knowledge on them please PM me.

wet_blobby

War Hero
As ever, most books written about SF exploits have been heavily editted to keep current SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures) secret.
You wouldn't want your popcorn going off half cooked now would you?

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
You can't ban MLP from The Club, BR. Chapter 3 para. 7(1)(c) of the Club Rulebook clearing indicates that any member who has succumb to genital mutilation following incarceration in an overseas prison whilst on ops has lifelong honourary membership. Perhaps if MLP was 'persuaded' to make a substantial donation to the Clubhouse Widows Fund, his forthcoming publication could be excused..?

If you do write this book, you're banned from the club in Knightsbridge.
No big deal. I resigned in the late '80s after being refused entry to the Scruffs' Bar one lunchtime for being overdressed. Apparently, my chinos were too clean and sharply pressed. Having just had a haircut and shave didn't help much, either. Thankfully, Bunny and Grifter walked out in sympathy and we all went for a pint in the RAG together. I haven't been back since.

Bitter? Moi?