stay green, stay in the woods, and stay safe

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by lauralovestodig, Dec 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

funny, inspiring, just plain silly.. lets have them

"Stay green, stay in the woods, and stay safe."

Karl pilkingtons advice to chameleons
    the man is a legend.
  2. "Never tell people how to do somehing. Tell them what to do, and they'll surprise you with thier ingenuity."

George S Patton, jr.
  3. My favourite -

During the American Civil War there was, a one of the many of the battles, a lot of sporodic sniping going on from frontline troops. A Confederate General (I think) was watching this from a hill, his chief of staff (had to be a bloody chief didn't it) suggested that they were to far forward and were in risk of being shot (see what I mean about chiefs) to which this worthy replied

"nonsense they couldn't hit a thing at this dist............."

Well I like it - a sensible general!
  4. That was Union General John Sedgewick. He was observing Confederate positions across the Rapahannock river, near Fredricksburg.
    A reb sharpshooter got him.
    "They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..." Famous last words!
  5. "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke: Technology and the Future

"We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battle-field, and patriot grave, to every living heart and hearthstone, all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature."
    - Abraham Lincoln

"And each mind that I peered into was stuffed with the same single object of obsession. That selfish and atavistic desire to pass on one's seed... it was enough to make me sick. Every living thing on this planet exists to mindlessly pass on their DNA. We're designed that way. And that's why there is war. But you... you are different... You're the same as us. We have no past, no future. We live in the moment. That's our only purpose. Humans weren't designed to bring each other happiness. From the moment we're thrown into this world, we're fated to bring each other nothing but pain and misery." - Psycho Mantis (Dude that's my Avatar): Metal Gear Solid
  6. 'Love many, trust a few, always paddle your own canoe'

'A person is clever and compassionate. People however, are ignorant, scared, petty and vindictive. Know the difference.'

Both work well for me.
  7. There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people.

Mr Garrison, South Park.
  8. Cheers for the correction 'Leatherneck' - at least I got the war right! Still like it tho' and one dead general is as good as another, no matter who's they are!

Whilst on the American theme how's about

"Charlie don't surf!"

Go you know the movie - the one with helicopters and a bit of 'Ride of the valkyrie' Bloody marvellous!
  9. "How can you kill Women and Children?"

"You just dont lead 'em as much!Aint War hell?"
  10. "If all about you are losing their heads and you can keep yours my son,
    you obviously have not grasped the gravity of the situation"
    (with thanks to Kipling)

"All ladies are nice just some are nicer than others"

"If it is alcoholic, wet and paid for drink it, you do not have to like it"

11. Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake. WC Fields, a very wise man.
  12. It will all be over by Christmas!

Any politician/general throughout recorded history :p
  13. "The most fatal error imaginable would be to put steam engines in a submarine"
    (Lord Fisher to Jellico c.1913 )
  14. There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
    Douglas Adams
  15. Or maybe it jsut changes for that person?
  16. A lie told often enough becomes the truth.

It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
    Napoleon Bonaparte
  17. Tomato ketchup
    if you do not shake the bottle
    Non`ll come and then a lot`ll

There are terrible temptations that it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to.
    Oscar Wilde
  18. I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, then a frontal lobotomy.
  19. Money does not grow on tree's

well wtf is paper made out of!!!??????????????
  20. Good one that Josie , lol , :lol: