State multiculturalism has failed, says David Cameron

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by finknottle, Feb 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Whatever his reasons may be for the content of the speech I find myself agreeing with him, for too long this country has pussy-footed around extremists of all colours. I hope that his words are not hot air and that we will see some action to deal with these nut- jobs. One of the things I find particularly galling is European lawyers and our own making it nigh on impossible to deport individuals who pose a physical threat to us.

Full Story Here.
  2. A cynic may say knowing Dave's PR background that he was headline grabbing after a series of poor headlines on student fees, the NHS, the economy and the big society ect ect.He was big on rhetoric but lacking policy solutions regarding multiculturalism in his speech, a PR man through and through.Tony Blair came up with a similar line after the London tube boomings Dave must have found Tony's little blue book on media manipulation and diversionary tactics when he was in the crapper.:hiding:
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  3. You are in all probability correct it remains to be seen if he can walk the walk as well as talking the talk.
  4. I think it is hugely encouraging that he has chosen to make a balanced (IMHO) and assertive statement in the first place - His sentiments appear to be the ones I expect to see from our political leadership and go along the lines of; diversity is a welcome (and traditional) component of British society as it has been for a long, long time but if people want to come to the UK to settle then they should accept that it is they who will have to integrate into British Society not the other way round and if that is somehow offensive or unacceptable then the simple solution is to not come here in the first place.

What a pity that a few on the Opposition benches have failed to see the sense in this and are trying to win political capital out of it - Hopefully the millipede will stamp on them
  5. i fully agree with 'Dave'

Talk about shutting the door after the horse has botled, though

The first step is to remove the 'stranglehold' that Brussells has over us

then the next?
  6. Nick Griffin of the BNP gave his endorsement of Dave's multiculturalism speech yesterday hailing it as "a further huge leap for our ideas into the political mainstream" whoops Dave nice endorsement .Also was Dave trying to seek a thumbs up from the English Defence League by timing his speech to coincide with their demonstration in Luton that day or was it just an over sight or even perhaps a lack of judgement on Dave's behalf. You have to wonder after all he is a real smooth operator at the old PR game or is he.
  7. It doesn't actually matter who endorses it if the sentiments are fair, balanced and justified - of what relevance is it that the BNP have endorsed it or that EDL may give backing to it as well.