Starting the security clearance process...

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Blackpool_sandgrown, May 3, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a quick question, how do I go about starting my security clearance? Do I recieve an email stating my sponsor has created an account and I can go ahead with it. OR do I just need to find a laptop and create my own account? I have already done my RT, Interview and got my medical scheduled next Saturday (fingers crossed). I only have an iPhone, which is no good for the SC so Iv been waiting for an email before I find a friends laptop to do it on. I just don't want to be wasting time if it's something I can get started ASAP.
    Thanks in advance

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Clearly you are aleady aware you will receive an email stating your sponsor has created an account otherwise it's a bloody brilliant random guess and you should buy a lottery ticket without delay.:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Haha thanks for the quick reply, yea I thought that but didn't wanna be resting on my laurels if I could get cracking

4. Sorry to resurrect this thread but don't know how to post a new one! - I have my security clearance granted but I will have to resubmit it soon, as it's been a year and I'm not in the RN yet due to Medical hold ups. I'm employed and put this down on my application, my question is, if I change employers after I resubmit my SC application, would I have to phone NSV to tell them? As, if memory serves I think they asked for an employment reference which would then change if I changed employers...

I don't want to accept a new job for the next 6-8 months if it'll cause me massive security clearance headaches. Had enough of the Capita ones! Any advice appreciated. (Trying not to pester my AFCO as I've done enough of that regarding the medical drama!) thanks

Sent from my iPhone, somehow using Tapatalk

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

To renew SC, just enter your current circumstances. They will not contact your employer, just check you're not working for Mr Big, Drugs Cartel Ltd, Columbia, or similar. It will not affect the speed your SC is renewed - it'll just be as slow as it was last time.

6. Thanks for your quick reply and advice. Took 8/9 weeks last time but still have a good 6 months wait until an intake date for my trade if all goes well, so this should be plenty of time to renew the SC. feel like I've jinxed something now!!

Sent from my iPhone, somehow using Tapatalk