Starting sep 2016?

tinak212

Starting my training at HMS Raleigh 5th sep, steward apprentice, is anyone else starting this date? Also can anyone who has completed training/apprenticeship give me an idea of what to expect, what its like at Raleigh, the places you have been etc

Thanks

Sophia Johannah

Midshipman
Raleigh isn't too bad! For the first 3 weeks or so, you'll be doing paperwork, English, maths and ICT and then after that you'll get to delve into the actual practical training side of it! You'll get Friday afternoons off which gives you ample time to head down to the Ships Company bar! And on rare occasions you'll get Wednesday afternoons off as well, as that's when the RN do their sports malarkey. I'm a chef but I know a little bit about the stewards course as I shared a mess with a couple of stewards for a month or so, I dont know a whole lot but I know some things but on a different note I believe you'll be in my mess, so if you need anything or have a couple questions then feel free to drop me a message!:)

moodle

Midshipman
Sent PM to tinak212 and ScottishChic with a course run down of what i just completed :) Im sure you'll help them get settled in Sophia :p

moodle

Midshipman
JELLYFISH lol :eek: Ive not heard anything yet so its still a maybe back to Raleigh for the competition stuff before getting a ship but i'll let you know when i hear something :D