RFAseaman123

Midshipman
Just got my decision back from the RFA and was successful. Provisional starting date for Jan 6th 2020 as a Deck apprentice. Anyone else in here starting the same time?

Scousemouse

Midshipman
Hi i have a provisional start date for Sept 2020 as a Seamanship apprentice and have just had a request for a Security Clearance interview at home, has anybody else been asked to do this? i have completed all the other stages vaccinations, discharge book and a unrestricted medical.

RFAseaman123

Midshipman
I had to complete something online for security clearance but never had an actual interview. Must just have some follow up questions or something.
With your start date being September when did you apply? I’m reapplying in March 2020 so trying to work out when my provisional date would be if I was successful

Scousemouse

Midshipman
I had to complete something online for security clearance but never had an actual interview. Must just have some follow up questions or something.
With your start date being September when did you apply? I’m reapplying in March 2020 so trying to work out when my provisional date would be if I was successful
I applied in the November 2019 and after the test about 6 weeks later got a sift interview for the March 2020 Dont quote me but if successful i think there is a Sept intake and a Jan.

RFAseaman123

Midshipman
Yeah mine was originally Jan, then got pushed to April 2020 but as I failed the medical I have to wait until March to re apply.
Give them an email about the security check see what’s up