Starting BRNC

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Diesel_Transfusion, Apr 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Starting at BRNC soon, any tips on bits and pieces to bring that wouldn't be on the joining list?

Ta and much appreciated.

2. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

A dictionary or appropriate web browser to support search engine:

Sorry, had to be done :lol:
  3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

DT: Welcome - I can see that you want to be well-prepared for BRNC so this matter is current to you, but I doubt it is relevant for the "Current Affairs" forum! Mod to move to "Newbies" forum perhaps?

Good luck with BRNC anyway! :lol:
  4. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Ahh! great minds and all that, same time stamp too!
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

If you need it at BRNC, it's on the list. If it's not on the list you don't need it. Except a sense of humour.
  6. Honest mistake, just used to posting on current affairs! Ta for reminding me though boys..........
  7. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Watch out for Walts in the pubs in Dartmouth trying to impress each new intake. Walts are everywhere, pretending to be 'Navy'. Oh, don't take your iPod onto the parade ground- as young 'Batch' would. Any one of the hairy arssed parade staff will tear you a new one.

Be sure to keep posting when you get there and tell us all about it.
  8. In the old days the pubs in Dartmouth were also 'owned' by various groups, like the rugby crowd monopolised the Floaters and so on, so it was sensible to be selective about where one drank.

In general keep focused on where you want to be, life will be hard and very different but it is just something to get through on your way to where you want to go, learn adapt and keep commited it is all worth it.