start in june, air craft carrier?

Lesson one....Pongos and crabs get posted.............jack gets drafted/shafted, same thing.
Lesson two....Get through your training.
Lesson three...Complete a Drafting Preference Form, stating that you'd like to serve on Minesweepers.
....mate of mine did that and he got Ark Royal......drafty has a wicked sense of humour.

Last edited:
G

guestm

how do you rate my chances of getting posted to 1 of the new air craft carriers if my Raleigh date is at the end of June?

30,670 serving members of the RN. Carrier complement 679.
Assuming you make it through training I will therefore give you odds of around 45/1. Odds halving upon arrival of HMS Prince Charlie.

What trade are you going in as? Is the tractor a reference to NA(AH) or are you just into tractors?

No likely if you are going in as Mine Warfare.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

Did a test and have a licence (license) for one of these? Not sure if it's still in date?

Puerto Rico 1998. Absolute pig to drive!

ImageUploadedByNavy Net - Rum Ration1391464861.136365.jpg

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

exJenny

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Think I might need an eye test... I thought his post on his other thread said his dad was going to feed him to the sheep...

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren

Guns

War Hero
Lesson one....Pongos and crabs get posted.............jack gets drafted/shafted, same thing.
Lesson two....Get through your training.
Lesson three...Complete a Drafting Preference Form, stating that you'd like to serve on Minesweepers.
....mate of mine did that and he got Ark Royal......drafty has a wicked sense of humour.
We all get assigned via JPA now.

30,670 serving members of the RN. Carrier complement 679.
Assuming you make it through training I will therefore give you odds of around 45/1. Odds halving upon arrival of HMS Prince Charlie.
Not withstanding the, getting out of training - becoming totally disillusioned and becoming one of the many that spend time actively avoiding any sea draft!!!! I assume they do still exist - disillusioned I mean not sea drafts!!!!!

G

guestm

Not withstanding the, getting out of training - becoming totally disillusioned and becoming one of the many that spend time actively avoiding any sea draft!!!! I assume they do still exist - disillusioned I mean not sea drafts!!!!!
I think so. I'm sure I heard someone talk in hushed tones about one the other week. It was an AB though.