Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

start date

cash

Badgeman
when do you get given your start date? i have my interview and the PRNC left to do was just wondering how you find out ( do they send a lettertell you after interview)?

when the going gets weird the weird turn pro

Rachelthree

War Hero
When you pass your interview and selection is complete your CA will bid on a place for you. As soon as a training place becomes available you will be informed of the date- could be as soon as you are bidded on if a shortage trade, could be a while if there is a wait. Your CA will let you know though as soon as they get confirmation.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
You'll probably find out by phone call, about 6 or more months before entry, followed-up by a letter. Believe it or not some branches are being allocated entry dates for October 2014 already, whereas others are still being notified of entry dates in Jan-March as there are still unfilled intakes in shortage category branches.

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
Why did you ask Rachel3? Are you re-assessing your cooking skills?? Considering that Chef remains the hardest course in the RN though you might not want to change from your intended branch role . . .

Rachelthree

War Hero
Why did you ask Rachel3? Are you re-assessing your cooking skills?? Considering that Chef remains the hardest course in the RN though you might not want to change from your intended branch role . . .

No I was just curious, it's intriguing how things change over time- my friend went in just over a year ago as a chef and her class was made up of people who had waited a few years, and a few who waited a few months. Just interesting to see how things change and that. I admire how hard chefs work, long hours in a hot and usually cramped kitchen, emptying swill and all that; its not for me lol. Also jokes about it being the hardest course as no one ever passes probably get old :D

Last edited:

cash

Badgeman
good im going for ET(WESM) and was told back when in first started to be looking at feb-jan but im worried as ive still got PRNC cheers for the replys

Rachelthree

War Hero
good im going for ET(WESM) and was told back when in first started to be looking at feb-jan but im worried as ive still got PRNC cheers for the replys

People have had their PRNC just a few weeks before Raleigh before, don't worry- if you get a start date they will squeeze it in!

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
Also jokes about it being the hardest course as no one ever passes probably get old :D

Still fresh for some, believe me.

Plus, I IS old . . . ish.

And whenever the scran is less than palatable, remind yourself of this - it isn't food, it's fuel.

Right, hijacked this thread enough now. My work is done here . . . ;-)

Rachelthree

War Hero
Probably a good way to lose weight if it ain't all that tempting. I worked some summers for a civilian catering company that worked in the canteen on base; people were commenting how the food served was better than that cooked by military chefs. Must have just been branch shanter though as the slop served was freakin' rank!

sooty02

Midshipman
Base port scran has dropped in quality with PAYD. Scran onboard can be awesome if you get a good chef, he is allowed to utilise his budget and he's not been tinning up all night!!

Sent from my Xperia S using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app

steveRN21

Midshipman
Hi everyone I finally recieved my entry date has anyone else starting hms Raleigh on the 26/10/2014. And is there a chance on being put on selection earlier if people drop out ? Thanks

Hi guys!! I have an entry date of the 11th may 2014 and a PRNC date of the 10th Feb... anyone epse on them dates??

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app

Rachelthree

War Hero
Hi guys!! I have an entry date of the 11th may 2014 and a PRNC date of the 10th Feb... anyone epse on them dates??

Theres a 'when are you going to hms raleigh' thread, see if anyone else has that date :) congrats as well, what trade?

Edit:

http://www.navy-net.co.uk/joining-up-royal-navy-recruiting/72622-when-you-going-hms-raleigh-observe-persec.html

Thanks :) and MA :) I have had a look on there but am the only one by the looks of it!! :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Fitness and start date Joining the Royal Navy 4
B Start date Joining the Royal Navy 4
M Phase 2 start date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
D Start date at HMS Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26
S Raleigh start date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS Start date announced for extended court hours pilots MoD News 0
Gor9819 PRNC Date/Start Date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
A Still waiting for start date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
B Royal Navy start date Naval airman 2019 Joining the Royal Navy 2
R Start date for Raleigh June 30th 2019 Joining the Royal Navy 5
N If my start date for raleigh is in January when am i likely to receive a date for my PRNC? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
R How long should I expect to wait for my start date? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
D Got PRNC and Raleigh start date but got major problem. Joining the Royal Navy 13
B Raleigh start date July 2018 Joining the Royal Navy 1
T5igger Start date - Medical assistant waiting times? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
hjohnson6734 defer tfa start date ???? RFA 1
V HMS Raleigh start date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
I Basic Training Start Date at HMS Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
I Just waiting for a start date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
Turtle RN Volunteering abroad before my start date? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
Bagsy89 START DATE FOLLOWING FITNESS TEST Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
B Raleigh Start date 20th 2015 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
C Start Date...... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
M Any books I can read/study before MA start date? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
S Royal Marines RT Start Date! The Corps 1
S BRNC Feb start date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
joe_145 AET Start date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
D Is anyone going in as a submariner chef and still waitin for a start date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
G Got my start date. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
M how long to receive a start date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
W can i join the reserves while awaiting a start date Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 40
G START DATE JAN 03 2010 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
D Whos got 7th Febuary 2010 Start Date.. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
F Joining the RNR while awaiting a start date as a regular? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 38
davemac32 received my start date 8th November Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
Gav_17 Getting my start date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
F Travelling while waiting on RN start date - AET Health & Fitness 7
Wally Start date June 14th Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
werqpr waiting for a start date. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
alex123 When will I get my start date? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
S 9th november start date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
D start date advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
O 17th February start date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
GSSR_Vvd Start date for MA(SM)??? How long to wait???? Submariners 1
RNMA Start date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
J Hms sultan start dates 2021 Joining the Royal Navy 3
MoD_RSS UK Agri-Tech start-up lassoes deal with US ranchers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HM Land Registry and Ordnance Survey extend support to British start-ups MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Face to face assessments start again at the CNC MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Start of ban on plastic straws, stirrers and cotton buds MoD News 0