Start date

Mehdunss

Hi would anyone be able to tell me how long it usually takes to get a start date for HMS Raleigh as I have been waiting about 5 weeks now. I have passed all my tests and I am currently just waiting for the date, I have applied as an aircraft technician so I am not sure if this will affect my waiting time

Last edited:

Core

Midshipman
Hi there,
There is a couple factors like being a high priority role and the role itself. Some roles have more intakes than other roles. What's your role?

fishhead

War Hero
Hi would anyone be able to tell me how long it usually takes to get a start date for HMS Raleigh as I have been waiting about 5 weeks now.
You will need to give a little more detail such as where you are with your application and which branch you are hoping to join. Someone(not me) will have a guess but bear in mind almost everyone's experience is slightly different.
Good luck for the future.

Mehdunss

Hi there,
There is a couple factors like being a high priority role and the role itself. Some roles have more intakes than other roles. What's your role?
Hi sorry for not saying which role I have applied for, I have applied to be an aircraft technician

Mehdunss

You will need to give a little more detail such as where you are with your application and which branch you are hoping to join. Someone(not me) will have a guess but bear in mind almost everyone's experience is slightly different.
Good luck for the future.
Okay, thank you I will edit the post with more information

Supportive Dad

Lantern Swinger
M son applied for AET in April 2020 and starts at Raleigh in September, 17 months overall. Covid obviously slowed things down but unless it is a priority role, which AET is not, it will probably take more than a few months.

Mehdunss

M son applied for AET in April 2020 and starts at Raleigh in September, 17 months overall. Covid obviously slowed things down but unless it is a priority role, which AET is not, it will probably take more than a few months.
Thank you, could I also ask how long it took for your son to receive his dates after his recruiter made a bid for him to raleigh?

Supportive Dad

Lantern Swinger
Thank you, could I also ask how long it took for your son to receive his dates after his recruiter made a bid for him to raleigh?
It was a month or two and then that date got put back another 2 months. I think he hit the worst of the Covid delays by the look of it. He is itching to get on with it as you can probably imagine.

Latest Threads