STARBUCKS coffee!

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by mrbullcrap, Sep 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I recently got this e-mail,i don't know if it's been put up before,but it's something to keep in mind for you coffee lovers out there.

Recently British Royal Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffee, and to request that they send some of it to the troops there.

Starbucks replied, telling the Royal Marines thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the troops their brand of coffee.

So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should support them by NOT buying any of their products!

I feel we should get this out in the open. I know this war might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground, fighting street-to-street and, house-to-house.

If you feel the same as I do then pass this along.
    Thanks very much for your support. I know you'll all be there again when I deploy once more.

Sgt. Howard Wright,
    1 Platoon, Recon Company, Royal Marines

PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS... PLEASE PASS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR E- MAIL LIST, IN MEMORY OF ALL THE TROOPS WHO HAVE BEEN WOUNDED, LOST LIMBS AND EVEN DIED, SO THAT WE MAY HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE !

Also, don't forget that when the Twin Trade Towers were hit, the fire fighters and
    rescue workers went to Starbucks because it was close by for water for the survivors and workers, and Starbucks CHARGED THEM!!!

AND ADDED NOTE TO THIS: STARBUCKS HAD STORES ON SEVERAL MILITARY BASES IN THE UNITED STATES. THEY ARE NOW BEING REMOVED BECAUSE OF THIS.

There are 227 Starbucks stores across the UK , and there's no doubt that our soldiers would get the same response from this company, so let us do our
    bit and boycott Starbucks to show them how despicable their actions are.

2. Bullcrap it's bullsh!t, been done before can't be arsed to find the link :roll:

3. Why should you boycott Starbucks? If they don't support operations in Afghanistan that's their prerogative. In fact it is a better business move than not. Email was received and filed under R for "Ridiculous viral shite".

Besides, I don't buy Starbucks coffee anyway because it's gash.

4. If I remember rightly it was actually US marines 8O

5. I went into a Starbucks the other day, the only drink I could not see advertised was coffee. The look on their faces when I asked for just a normal cup of coffee, you would have thought I asked to shag their mothers.

6. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Mrs Bullcrap. Starbucks provide the coffee in Victory Building HMNB last time I looked. It isn't Starbuckians serving it but no matter. There is a Starbucks in the PX at Camp Doha Kuwait I'm told. I'm sure there are other examples.

As already pointed out, been done several times, sometimes US Marines in the starring role, it's been discredited, it's been deleted. Big business tends to sh1t all over small business who libel them.

:roll:

7. I feel sheepish :eek:ccasion1:

8. Good link to check out your sources... :D

No Way... :lol:

9. I work on the principle that if an e-mail contains the above, or something similar, it is a load of bollox and immediately gets deleted.

10. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

from cowcrap's bullcrap
    Since when did Booties do 'platoon'? :roll: 'Recon' is another pointer to the load of old bollox that this story is. Not that cowcrap and nicebutdim would know.

The plain old coffee is the stuff in the urns with the timers hanging on them, usually behind the servery. Ask for (your choice of mug size) coffee or brew of the day. Perhaps your 'barista' :roll: was foreign or you were pi$$ed.

11. :drool: Took me an hour to spot that one.

12. They also sell overpriced dirtwater, the basterds.