Star: "New Naval Warship Will Be Out Of Date "

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by soleil, Oct 27, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There's nothing like a photo of a submarine-qualified Surgeon Rear-Admiral (i.e. a senior doctor) to make a point about procuring a new warship, is there? :)

As for the article, people often say that our kit will be obsolete by the time it enters service but so will that of any potential foe. It's a never-ending battle to get ahead of the game.
  2. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

SO a ship still being designed is out of date, even if the design isn't actually complete.

Impressive, most impressive.

Coming next week 'how to count to 3 with the Daily Star'...
  3. unless you are a military junta like North Korea, you can't keep churning out arms. Even North Korea's newest equipment arent up to date and they are churning out faster than most Western militaries. They whole idea of getting ships, tanks, planes out and up to date is a fantasy. Defence is not not just arms.
  4. soleil, some articles you post are already highly inacurrate esp those from the mail and the sun
  5. That's the papers fault, not Sol's.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. well the less advertisement of these paper's the better
  7. Give it a rest. We can't bury our heads in the sand about what's printed in the popular press but we can draw attention to the innaccuracies to educate the ill-informed and help prevent such myths being perpetuated in future stories.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Tomcat24, it's only by them being ripped apart in fora such as these that their true value is made clear. Nowt said, nowt disagreed with. Credibility through silence.
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  9. Duly noted. But how many others actually read this forum
  10. Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  11. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

tomcat, rather harsh to criticise soleil I think. This is a naval forum and that story is about....oh yeah, the navy.
  12. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

This peculiarly moronic post entirely misses the point that the adults on this site are interested in what the outside world is being told about the RN.

Thank goodness for the ignore facility.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Shock, horror News Papers are out of date by they are printed.

Aaargh!! We're all going to die........Wibble.

FFS why
    can't they get a grip.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. The picturing of the recently retired Surgeon General (before he was made SG, so a very old pic) at this article really shows how much that paper actually cares about this story and the Forces in general. It's a ****ing disgrace.

For info, the Officer pictured is Surg VAdm Philip Rafaelli QHP RN(Rtd). I very much doubt he has anything to do with T26.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Same to you Moron. All you people like to do is call names. No wonder you couldn't succeed at all. total losers.
  16. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Jeneral28/tomcat24. You really are very immature. People on here and ARRSE have cut you slack as they thought you were young and naive. Now I am not so sure, you really do not listen to the advice offered by people obviously in the know. And that is not just because they say so but can be seen in their postings.

I like the fact you are keen to engage in maritime discussions and sometime you sound like you want to learn and want to contribute. Other times I despair at your shortness of temper and refusal to acknowledge that others know better.

I would suggest you suck up some of these comments, pause before posting and think "Am I being a twat?" If there is any doubt you are and need to stop, re-think and carry on.
  17. The thing that baffles me is that most military articles across any paper always use random or incorrect images; must just open up a clip art full of stock images and say i want that oneeee- clearer labelling of files would be better lol. Although to be fair they put under the picture on this one 'senior officers (not pictured).

Being 'out of date' is nothing new really, they were citing the same issues moons ago. The fact thats in The Sun seen as though they have used direct quotes means its probably just shorter and written in a more accessible way. one of the papers seen as more reliable by some who would spread it out to pages and use unneccessarily complex vocabulary. I think its good that Naval news is spread across all publications, even the ones some deem themselves too clever to read.
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  18. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Ah I see what you did there.... naming The Sun when it was The Star's article.

What's that saying? Never let the truth get in the way of an arse newspaper article.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren.
  19. Oh haha i was referring to tomcat and saw he mentioned the sun, my bad! I don't read papers much in this technological age, i'll read anything though if its there- aint bothered.