Stable Belts

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by cgdw, Nov 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. When wearing a Royal Navy stable belt with combats, should the buckle be at the front or on the left hip?
  2. the front in my experience
  3. Have we got horses now?
  4. Always worn mine on the left hip, like the pongos do.
  5. Wardroom only. The Stewards keep them down 4E.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

Is this a wah? I know I have worn one myself but wait for it, there isn't an RN stable belt. We had a trial and it was abandoned. So, to get a 'RN' stable belt you end up having to get an Army one from Ebay (can't recall the Regt) and they only have the side buckles.

They looked ok with CS95, agitated certain people (effect achieved, tick!) but were increasingly frowned up. With MTP they'd look gash and will attract incoming.
  7. We're about to be issued proper 'blue' CS95 in lieu of 4's - primarily for the Gulf, as the can be made in a lighter weight. A Stable Belt comes with them.
  8. wave_dodger

No way, safeguard (clips) - I was fragged senseless at PJHQ for wearing mine. So much so I just kept on wearing it to wind up a certain person.

I'm not doubting you but I do know the 'experiment' was cancelled as I worked in VB when it was being conducted and it was concluded as a waste of money (the concept being a 3* was miffed that everytime RN in CS95 were on telly we were described as soldiers, hence a way to identify matelots...).

Wonder if they've just found an old batch or someone else has had another bright idea?

Why aren't we out on the 'lash?
  9. wave_dodger

I heard someone say that in ABW last week and someone immediately said it was a gash buzz. I'm there next week might have to ask the organ grinder..mildly curious
  10. I recieved a pack of stable belts for the gunners onboard not 3 months ago, for the upper deck crews to wear with their mtp.
  11. Again?

I thought that trial failed.
  12. Not to mention pointless as MTP is worn untucked.
  13. Any chance of some phots of the model?
  14. Ohh won't you cut a dashing figure kitted out like that?!
  15. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

The Light Infantry (Rifles, Irish Rangers) wear theirs with the buckle to the front.
  16. My point stands then. :)

Ok, like most pongo units do then.
  17. That's a tad harsh - glad you survived.

Shrapnel can be a right bastard.
  18. Don't RLC, REME and signals wear the buckle over the right hip?
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  19. True.
    no were not

mtp in cs95...

it is in cs95 but not in pcs

only its not cut like cs95, not quite.

No. there are two different tipes of belt buckle and the one you have says how yoiu wear it

If you really want a picture NM, there is a dit on it in one of the Logs branch glossy magazines which you really should have seen by now. First units to trial thois will be issued the stuff next week.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  20. None of that makes any sense you illiterate ****.

Try hoovering the remnants of your liquidised food out of your keyboard and sharpen your head dobber, it might help.
    • Like Like x 1