Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

St. Athan

trehorn2 said:
mechanicnog said:
Worthy Down and Arbroath to Lee-on-Solent then to Collingwood and Sultan

Now it looks as if all training is on it's way to South Wales!!

Croeso!!

This may sound awfully racist but i f*ckin' hate the welsh and can think of nothing worse than having to spend any amount of time, regardless how short in that shite-hole.

Believe it or not i did used to like wales, and the welsh. Until that is i was given a rather large building contract to work on down there. We tried using local subcontractors for the first few phases and had nothing but problems with everything. Workmanship, cost, start dates, completion dates, valuations health and safety, you name it, they f*cked it!

We eventually started bringing down companies from England and whadayaknow - all problems ceased to exist, despite some of them travelling hundreds of miles.

On top of that i went on ORT 2 years ago and ended up in watches with a LRO taff who had a serious disliking for anything RNR. Just bumped into him on a BSSC and if anything, he's an even bigger c*ck now than he was then. I have never had any real resentment shown towards the RNR before but this guy had a real chip on his shoulder. Most people judge the person, not the tabs, which i have no problem with. This guy didnt like the fact that the RNR got the same daily rate as their RN equivilant, plus a bounty.

Give me the Scots any day.

******!!

Old_Hand said:
trehorn2 said:
mechanicnog said:
Worthy Down and Arbroath to Lee-on-Solent then to Collingwood and Sultan

Now it looks as if all training is on it's way to South Wales!!

Croeso!!

This may sound awfully racist but i f*ckin' hate the welsh and can think of nothing worse than having to spend any amount of time, regardless how short in that shite-hole.

Believe it or not i did used to like wales, and the welsh. Until that is i was given a rather large building contract to work on down there. We tried using local subcontractors for the first few phases and had nothing but problems with everything. Workmanship, cost, start dates, completion dates, valuations health and safety, you name it, they f*cked it!

We eventually started bringing down companies from England and whadayaknow - all problems ceased to exist, despite some of them travelling hundreds of miles.

On top of that i went on ORT 2 years ago and ended up in watches with a LRO taff who had a serious disliking for anything RNR. Just bumped into him on a BSSC and if anything, he's an even bigger c*ck now than he was then. I have never had any real resentment shown towards the RNR before but this guy had a real chip on his shoulder. Most people judge the person, not the tabs, which i have no problem with. This guy didnt like the fact that the RNR got the same daily rate as their RN equivilant, plus a bounty.

Give me the Scots any day.

******!!

Have to agree OH !!!

Everyone's entitled to their opinion guys.

If you read on i do apologise and take back the blanket statement.

The people themselves were alright. Working with them was very difficult and they made my job extremely difficult as well as costing the company i work for hundreds (yes hundreds) of thousands of pounds.

This isnt me forming an opinion after meeting one welsh bloke i didnt get on with. This is an opinion formed over a two year period based on working with over thirty differnt subcontractors.

Once again, i apologise for the blanket statement.

Now i know how Ann Robinson felt!

Try this simple test:

Name ten famous Scots the only exceptions are those in showbiz and sportsmen (wimmin)

Name ten famous Welshmen (or wimmin) only exceptions are those in showbiz and sportsmen (wimmin)

You get stuck after David Llyod George and Dylan Thomas.

Hideous said:
Try this simple test:

Name ten famous Scots the only exceptions are those in showbiz and sportsmen (wimmin)

Name ten famous Welshmen (or wimmin)

Shirley Bassey
Richard Burton
Anthony Hopkins
Harry Secombe
Lyn Davies
Tanni Grey Thompson
Tommy Farr
Ryan Giggs
John Toshack
Roald Dahl
Dick Francis

ad (almost) infinitum!!
Oh and of course everyone who has ever played rugby for Wales

Ho Hum!!!

mechanicnog said:
Hideous said:
Try this simple test:

Shirley Bassey (fair do's)
Richard Burton (I'll give you that)
Anthony Hopkins (Top actor)
Harry Secombe (you must be kidding - he did say famous after all)
Lyn Davies (who)
Tanni Grey Thompson (????)
Tommy Farr (?????)
Ryan Giggs (pah - now you are fishing - he can't even be arsed to pull the shirt on half the time!)
John Toshack (nuff said!)
Roald Dahl (The BFG - LOVED IT)
Dick Francis (?????)

ad (almost) infinitum!!

Ho Hum!!!

trehorn said:
mechanicnog said:
Hideous said:
Try this simple test:

Shirley Bassey (fair do's)
Richard Burton (I'll give you that)
Anthony Hopkins (Top actor)
Harry Secombe (you must be kidding - he did say famous after all)
Lyn Davies (who)
Tanni Grey Thompson (????)
Tommy Farr (?????)
Ryan Giggs (pah - now you are fishing - he can't even be arsed to pull the shirt on half the time!)
John Toshack (nuff said!)
Roald Dahl (The BFG - LOVED IT)
Dick Francis (?????)

ad (almost) infinitum!!

Ho Hum!!!

Harry Secommbe - You're obviously too young to be a Goons fan!

Lyn Davies - Gold medal winner - long jump (Held the record till last year!)

Tanni Grey Thompson DAME Tanni Grey - 5 times Gold medal winner

Tommy Farr - Mohamed Ali said -"one of the greatest Heavy-weight boxers of all time!"

Ryan Giggs - Well his managewr thinks he's famous!!

Dick Francis - Author of over 100 prize winning crime thrillers.

The negative side of course is that I suppose we must take the blame for the Welshmen who were signatories to the US declaration of independance and the half dozen or so Welsh presidents!

Dear Mechanicnog,

You're supposed to make a list of famous Welsh but the exceptions are showbiz and sports.

So, that's about three people- David Lloyd George, Dylan Thomas and Harry the Bastard

Get a grip. :shock:

Hideous said:
Dear Mechanicnog,

You're supposed to make a list of famous Welsh but the exceptions are showbiz and sports.

So, that's about three people- David Lloyd George, Dylan Thomas and Harry the Bastard

Yeah BUT They are also all WRITERS as well as sprtsmen!!!!

Hideous said:
Dear Mechanicnog,

T E Lawrence......Lawrence of arabia Born tremadoc caernarfonshire

Henry Morgan.....Privateer, born Llanrhymney

Judge George Jeffreys.....'The hanging judge', born wrexham

Edward George Bowen....Noted Physicist, major contributor to the development of radar, thus helping to win the battle of britain/battle of the Atlantic, born cockett swansea

Sir Henry morton Stanley...... explorer, born denbigh, denbighshire

Dr William Price.....Physician, introduced cremation to the UK, born pontypridd.

Robert Owen.....Father of the cooperative movement, born newtown powys

Aneurin Bevan.....Father of the NHS, born Tredegar

David Emmanuel....Designer, born bridgend

Henry V .......King of England, born monmouth

Henry VII .....King of England, born pembroke castle

Edward II.....King of England, born Caernarfon

:grin:

Latest Threads