Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

St. Athan

I was in the Royal Navy, when we had a navy.
When will official numbers be made redundant. Soon the RN will be so small that all members will know one another.

TattooDog said:
I think you'll find that:

Cardiff will be made a "Base Port Area" to avoid separated service thresholds being broken.

MOD (sorry, I meant Anningtons) is unlikely to invest in more MQs - too expensive. Many wives are unlikely to want to move if they already have a career & kids are at school, so more weekend commuting. But remember that you've been drafted to your Base Port Area, so watch those allowances vanish!

And with the advent of road pricing, the costs of such commuting will become prohibitive.

TattooDog said:
[
I think you'll find that:

Cardiff will be made a "Base Port Area" to avoid separated service thresholds being broken.

No need to move the Civil Servants. Either existing staff will be invited to transfer to Metrix under TUPE, or Metrix will recruit locally to avoid TUPE restrictions and take advantage of lower wage levels. No RN experience, but that's OK since all that "advanced" stuff will be shifted to OJT.

I for one will be glad if the other half gets drafted to 'HMNB Caerdydd' - t'would be good to have a family life again

I wonder what the CPOWEA, RAF engineer, 2 ex wrens, ex booty and ex reme in my street (of 20 houses) will make of this. Gosport's loss is our gain, two sides to every story and all that.

The Council in the Vale are going to be very very unpopular if plans for improvements follow previous form....

And it came to pass, that Sam, the son of LAM, but no relation to CAM, didst return from 14 days in the desert – known as leave with ‘er indoors – and on return to his ship was met with much drippoing and wailing and gnashing of teeth from his shipmates.

“Why do you drippeth so?” he cried.

“Woe”, sayeth they, “We are undone and betrayed by the great Lords of Admir–Alty who had promised us to live in this land of milk and honey, known as “The South” for eternity They have now proclaimed that we are to be moved to the great hills of the Land of Cymru!!”

“What steps shall we take?”

“Bloody long ones!!” spaketh Sam and departed North at a fast rate of knots!!”

(With apologies to all those great exponents of the art of “Sods opera” whom I enjoyed over the years!)

Great news for Guzz ratings. According to The AA route planner, its a shorter drive to St Athan than it is to Gashport. I wonder if there'll be less traffic jams in the summer?

slim said:
I was in the Royal Navy, when we had a navy.
When will official numbers be made redundant. Soon the RN will be so small that all members will know one another.

Sorry shipmate, but I disagree. Much as I hope I'm wrong, and putting aside all the other comments about the St Athan move, I think the RN will be completely swallowed up, as we move in the direction of a Canadian style "Tri-service."

And God bless us all said Tiny Tim

mechanicnog said:
Worthy Down and Arbroath to Lee-on-Solent then to Collingwood and Sultan

Now it looks as if all training is on it's way to South Wales!!

Croeso!!

This may sound awfully racist but i f*ckin' hate the welsh and can think of nothing worse than having to spend any amount of time, regardless how short in that shite-hole.

Believe it or not i did used to like wales, and the welsh. Until that is i was given a rather large building contract to work on down there. We tried using local subcontractors for the first few phases and had nothing but problems with everything. Workmanship, cost, start dates, completion dates, valuations health and safety, you name it, they f*cked it!

We eventually started bringing down companies from England and whadayaknow - all problems ceased to exist, despite some of them travelling hundreds of miles.

On top of that i went on ORT 2 years ago and ended up in watches with a LRO taff who had a serious disliking for anything RNR. Just bumped into him on a BSSC and if anything, he's an even bigger c*ck now than he was then. I have never had any real resentment shown towards the RNR before but this guy had a real chip on his shoulder. Most people judge the person, not the tabs, which i have no problem with. This guy didnt like the fact that the RNR got the same daily rate as their RN equivilant, plus a bounty.

Give me the Scots any day.

Where better for a tri-service AE training establishment than the middle of Wales, miles away from the main FAA, AAC and RAF bases. Good decision.......not!

JunglyDaz said:
Where better for a tri-service AE training establishment than the middle of Wales, miles away from the main FAA, AAC and RAF bases. Good decision.......not!

JD, Cardiff airport is just down the road. Maybe all Wafoos and crabs will be based there!

Semper Strenuissima.

trehorn2 said:
mechanicnog said:
Worthy Down and Arbroath to Lee-on-Solent then to Collingwood and Sultan

Now it looks as if all training is on it's way to South Wales!!

Croeso!!

This may sound awfully racist but i f*ckin' hate the welsh and can think of nothing worse than having to spend any amount of time, regardless how short in that shite-hole.

Believe it or not i did used to like wales, and the welsh. Until that is i was given a rather large building contract to work on down there. We tried using local subcontractors for the first few phases and had nothing but problems with everything. Workmanship, cost, start dates, completion dates, valuations health and safety, you name it, they f*cked it!

We eventually started bringing down companies from England and whadayaknow - all problems ceased to exist, despite some of them travelling hundreds of miles.

On top of that i went on ORT 2 years ago and ended up in watches with a LRO taff who had a serious disliking for anything RNR. Just bumped into him on a BSSC and if anything, he's an even bigger c*ck now than he was then. I have never had any real resentment shown towards the RNR before but this guy had a real chip on his shoulder. Most people judge the person, not the tabs, which i have no problem with. This guy didnt like the fact that the RNR got the same daily rate as their RN equivilant, plus a bounty.

Give me the Scots any day.
fcuk off you narrow minded racist cnut. if your balls were as big as your gob, you'd identify yourself so i could pop round and give you a real welsh welcome you pr1ck.
:evil:

Latest Threads