SSAFA Support OP Nimby Shirts On Sale NOW

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by gremlin, Aug 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mods please excuse this intrusion!

Gentlemen of the RN/RM please excuse my intrusion into your site to place a bit of worthwhile spam in here :D

Following OP NIMBY we are trying to raise a bit of dosh for 36 etc.

This is a cross post from my thread on ARRSE:

[align=center][​IMG][/align]

The shirts are now on sale from the above store (click on the banner)

£10 from each sale will go towards Grays Lane* refurbishment/developement and I would like to try and raise between £2 to £3k!

Will those that have the relevant contacts please spread the word to the various sites that have helped ? the code for the banner and shop link is here:

Code:
    [URL=http://www.handmadebymachine.com/store/index.php?crn=210][IMG]http://images.prosperpoint.com/images/2905/146254-1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    Now get shopping!

*only No 36 that is ;)

Rum Rat shirts are specifically mentioned!

I hope that you will support this,

Many Thanks!

2. Nimby ? Where does that name come from?

3. If you didn't do the Poll thing or write a letter to your MP/Councilor and you buy one will you be a Walt? Answers on a postcard to INTERNET site of your choice.
    NZB

4. stands for Not In My Back Yard - you know all those wonderful people who think we should provide more support for "our boys" but NIMBY!

Hope this helps

5. My order is going in tomorrow (pay day).
    Wonder what reaction I will get when I turn up to work (MoD site) :)

6. Like "One does not want a prison here there are plenty other places about" then the tory councillor named names. Hence NIMBY.

7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

8. A good question NZ Bootie, to which I would say the answer is no.

The aim of the shirts is to raise some money for 36 Grays Lane, the more the better.

Hence not using shoulder titles like "Street Walker! etc, but using the names of our various websites. This is not about what anyone did during the campaign, but a follow on money raiser!

9. sgtpepperband

10. Okay, I've sent for one...

:)

11. Ordered!

I will wear it to the celebration party - whenever and wherever it is???????????

I had a great three days as Blue Team on the ground at Ashtead and attended the planning meeting. The people of Ashtead as a whole are marvelous and so supportive.

I would urge everyone to buy at least one of these shirts. You do not have to be Blue Team member or indeed even if you missed signing the petition or writing a letter of suport, this is you chance to contribute to the fund for fitting out the House at 36 Grays Lane by SSAFA.

In case anyone doesnt understand what the front logos are about - The Union Flag one is obvious but the other one is Mr Potato Head - the logo for ArRSe - who ran the campaign.

There are a choice of Logos for the arm which include Rum Ration.

12. sgtpepperband

13. What is BUMP? I keep seeing it?

Confused of UK

14. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Its a post simply to "bump" a thread back to the top of the Site Index list of recent threads; I have also seen BTTT used in this manner, BTTT meaning "back to the top".

Consider yourself confused no more!

15. The idea is to "bump" this thread to the top of the thread list on the front page.

Like this post is going to do.

Bump!

16. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

6 minutes between bumps is typically a little short, but conversely a few days between bumps is a little long - there's got to be a happy medium in there somewhere (I'm still struggling to stay a Large myself!)