SR Mess Undress

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by Brin, Aug 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know of a good source for the supply of SR Mess Undress kit?

Remember looking in LB a few years back and it was not much in quality, but high in price. Asked the civi Tailor at the time, but he also stopped doing these many moons ago.
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Check the intranet classified 'For Sale' pages. Due to the infrequent times you'll actually wear it, probably cheaper to get a second-hand one and get it altered.

Give Brian Gutteridge, lengendary Naval Tailor, a call. Telephone number has been PMd to you.

3. I've just got mine from the tailoress in Drake (By the NAAFI at 9 wharf), reasonable price and good quality.
  4. Turner and Virr in Fareham did mine at a reasonable price brand new. The guy used to come into Nelson slops twice a week.
  5. Just got my second Undress from Baums on Queen St; Pompey.
    Dunno what happened to my 1st it just seems to have shrunk in the wardrobe. must be those strange clothes shrinking moths........
  6. That is (or was) Turner Virr.
    She spreads her time between Drake and Raleigh. reasonable quality and price :)
  7. Cheers for the advice and tips guys...

Uniform shrinkage in the wardrobe...... happens to my No1s everytime I have to dig them out. Good job the stitching is elastic... The buttons may be classed as a N.D. if they pop though...