Squeeky Bum Time

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by F.T.D, Jul 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looks like there will be a few in RNR!!!! Check out page 2 News of the World. Mobilise or leave. About time :rambo:

2. As I dont buy that scumbag newspaper, Can someone precis or reproduce the article please.

VMT

3. No sign of anything that resembles this on the website, not that it's all that navigable...

4. A dit went round recently from a very senior bod. If you've not seen it, go into your unit and ask to look at the "mobilisation of the unwilling" letter. It's nothing we didn't already know and that hasn't been the case for as long as I can remember - it states that we are subject to compulsory mobilisation and you can't say no if compulsory mobilisation happens to you.

5. I have the full CTM on "mobilisation of the Unwilling" and i dissaprove of the title, not the concept.

I am happy to send it to anyone that wants it

Surely as volunteer reservists, we are all willing !!

6. Some healthy debate on the Telegraph Forum on this one. I bet our TA comrades are up in arms (sic) on the Arrse website

7. " unwilling" Is this the mind set in HQ? It seems that reservists are being "strongly encouraged" to volunteer, when it should be, if you are required, compulsory mobilise and let the appeals process deal with those, who for whatever reason, believe that they cannot go at that given time.

8. My thoughts entirely deck ape

9. I think the "Mobilsation of the Unwilling" was an unfortunate phrase.
    I do not believe there is anyone left in the reserve Forces who is "Unwilling" to be mobilised: the problem is they may not be unwilling to go to their partner/employer & say "I've just volunteered for 6 months intelligent mobilisation".
    If you need us, then mobilise us.

10. Hear feckin hear! :thumright:

11. Whilst I can see the point, it's likely to end up with a higher administrative load, and more pain for all concerned, than the current system. For many the current opportunity to negotiate, then get a compulsory mobilisation to suit, does mean that they can be made available at a time that can be made to suit. Some branches are, however, running out of people prepared to negotiate and are reaching the pool of those who are ''unwilling'' to. Despite that I do share the misgivings about the title of the letter.

Once the letter arrives there is no need to be all that open with an employer about how it came to be that it arrived on that date.

12. Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:49 pm Post subject: Re: Squeeky Bum Time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

McHammock wrote:
    I think the "Mobilsation of the Unwilling" was an unfortunate phrase.
    I do not believe there is anyone left in the reserve Forces who is "Unwilling" to be mobilised: the problem is they may not be unwilling to go to their partner/employer & say "I've just volunteered for 6 months intelligent mobilisation".
    If you need us, then mobilise us.

McHammock - I am in complete agreement with you.

13. I wonder how many Reservists have "done a runner" the moment they actually got wind of the fact they were about to be mobilised?

and also, how many will do a runner now that it has been stated in black and white that it's not a case of IF, but WHEN we will be sent off to war?

The rumour mill reports one or two cases.

However the actions of a small minority should not detract from the efforts of the majority - to all those who have, and will go - I take my hat off to you - well done, and thank you.

ASDIC

14. I know of one TA Captain whose resignation letter arrived on the COs desk the morning that a mobilisation order had been despatched ;)

She was required to deploy, Loggie as far as I can recall.

15. Bloody Royal Mail. I bet she'd posted it before the first gulf war.

16. good riddance :w00t:

"I am off to Roger the cabin boy, i know his name is Tom, the little minx !"