Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Square Number????????

toycommandos

Lantern Swinger
I was at my local remembrance parade on Sunday and to my delight there was an old and bold Royal there who marched with me. He served in the late Forties and asked if I had a square number. I have been in the Corps for 14yrs now but have never heard this saying. Can any of the old and bold amongst you shed any light on this saying?????????

Cheers

bikerman

War Hero
Could be asking for your ship's book number. The last 4 digits of your official No. if my memory severs right. The book number was noted on forms as your SQ No. Hope that helps?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Called-in decision: Anglia Square, Norwich (ref: 3225505 - 12 November 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Historic county flags flown at Parliament Square for first time MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Foreign Secretary statement on the 30th anniversary of Tiananmen Square MoD News 0
S CPOs going from square rig to fore-and-aft rig History 5
C The Square Rigger gap between Britain and France The Quarterdeck 1
soleil Express: "No Bridge Over Troubled Waters As We Square Up To Iceland Again" History 0
soleil Birmingham Mail: " Fury As City Council Charges Navy To Use Victoria Square" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 8
soleil N. News: Barry Goes From Albert Square To The Parade Ground Bases / Shore Est 4
P Mess square pits. The Quarterdeck 50
malspal Thinking outside of the square Diamond Lil's 5
O Wearing the Square Rig Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 41
I "On The Square" Diamond Lil's 19
SILVER_FOX Trafalgar Square green with turf The Gash Barge 4
MoD_RSS Record number of Armed Forces personnel help with Covid response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS Test and Trace told a record number of people to self-isolate over Christmas week MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS Test and Trace reaches record number of people as demand increases significantly MoD News 0
MoD_RSS RS Venture Connect sail number 307 report published MoD News 0
N Locating a service number History 7
MoD_RSS Road to Zero in sight as green number plates introduced on UK roads MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Forensic Science Regulator newsletter: number 35 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Civil/crime news: change of number for Welsh language helpline MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS Test and Trace managing record number of cases MoD News 0
M what does the x mean in service number Nearest & Dearest 27
B how to find service number royal navy Site Issues 7
MoD_RSS Forensic Science Regulator newsletter: number 30 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Fraudulent calls from GLD's number MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Applicants to nursing courses in England up 16% as NHS employs record number of nurses and midwives MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Public asked to leave a name and number with venues to help stop the spread of COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Green number plates get the green light for a zero-emission future MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government publishes latest R number MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Biggest number of new Universal Credit claims paid in a single day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Forensic Science Regulator newsletter: number 34 MoD News 0
G Mobile number changed while on leave UPO 4
soleil Telegraph: "Royal Navy To Halve Number Of Staff At Headquarters, As Sailors Are Redeployed To Front Line Roles" Bases / Shore Est 1
MoD_RSS Response to the Department for Transport consultation on green number plates for ultra low emission vehicles MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Can you give me 50 Cent’s phone number? 2019’s most unusual requests from Brits abroad MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Forensic Science Regulator newsletter: number 33 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Beware of fraudulent calls from GLD's number MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Z3R0 EM15510N future: government to introduce green number plates MoD News 0
Skylarker Service number Joining the Royal Navy 8
MoD_RSS Number of new homes built soars to an 11 year high MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New analysis shows one third fall in number of vulnerable people sleeping rough linked to government initiative MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Record number of women in work as wages continue to outstrip inflation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Record number of disabled people benefitting from workplace funding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Forensic Science Regulator newsletter: number 32 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Record number of schoolgirls make digital waves but women still under-represented in the cyber security sector MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Number of older opiate users in treatment has tripled MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Rory Stewart statement on number of Ebola cases in the Democratic Republic of the Congo MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Home Office to scrap 101 non-emergency number charges MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Number of servicewomen on UN Peacekeeping operations to increase MoD News 0