Squadron Badges

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by the_chisler, Apr 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Shipmates, Am trying to track down some pictures of FAA squadron badges/crests. I was doing a presentation about 3 years ago about my time in the RN (sad I know) and came across some squadron badges on the tinternet. They appeared to be some kind of draft admiralty drawing and had been hand painted on what seemed to be a white tile. There were ships crests too, so it wasn't purely wafu.

Trouble is I cant see to find them on the web anymore. I have tried all manner of different searches, even mistyping vadge for badge once, which got me sidetracked for a day or two. Anyhow, anyone got the slightest idea what I am going on about, or better still if they know what they could have been and where I might find them?

Sorry I have been away for a while getting rid of a rather annoying wife.

Regards

2. Every FAA Squadron Crest /Badge :wink: Fleet Air Arm (FAA) Archive Index of British Naval Aviation Fleet Air Arm (FAA) Archive 1939-1945 Index page of British Naval Aviation. Thorough compilation of historical information, references, data, ... the badges are still in use today.

Aircraft - Ships - Men - Search
    www.fleetairarmarchive.net/ - 37k - Cached - Similar pages

3. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Chisler,
    Sorry, I can't help with your question, but I was wondering if that picture in your avatar was you. If so I think I may have served with you. Did you do the WIGS trip on the Cumberland a few years ago?

4. Is that a SAFEGUARD question? Ever heard of the Damned? PMSL

5. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

You are indeed who I think you are then! PM inbound shipmate.