Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sprog to the Forum - Doe we still get our pensions at 55 ?

Having enjoyed my 26 and a bit years I am hitting the grand old age of 55 in a few days. I receive an intermediate pension on AFPS 75 (thanks Pusser) - do I still get my increase at 55 as I have not heard anything ?

vauxhall

Lantern Swinger
As you were in service and over age 45 on 1 April 2012 you would have stayed on AFPS 75. That means that AFPS 75 rules apply. Having served over 22 years after the age of 18 (16 years after age 21 for an Officer) and Immediate Pension would be payable.

Many Thanks Vauxhall,
I left in 2011 but decided to stay on the AFPS 75, I worked out that to stay beyond 27 would be daft as I would then have been better off changing to the 05 scheme. (I, like many, did not see that NI contributions would be charged on the 05 scheme as it is an Interim Payment and not a pension)

Glad that I worked on the premise that they were not changing it for my benefit.

I thought that I still came under the AFPS 75 rules ......but you never know if they (The ubiquitous They) might try to screw you over!

Regards

You can request that Equiniti give you a epnsion forecast for how much extra you will receive.

I asked about how the increase is paid and it should happen automatically from after your birthday.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Forum sprog question about joining RMR from ex royal RMR 7
finknottle Windsor sprog The Gash Barge 60
L Sprog onboard :) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
B Sprog orders £8K digger The Gash Barge 1
N Royal sprog on the way - wonder who the father is? Diamond Lil's 21
J Another Sprog Here Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
Sniffle-Snaffle More Sprog Olympics Videos? The Corps 3
J New Sprog Onboard Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
creeper Site Sprog saying Hi Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
MoD_RSS UK and US reaffirm relationship at Atlantic Future Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lord Ahmad addresses at the Virtual Climate Vulnerable Forum Leaders’ Event, Chaired by Her Excellency Sheikh Hasina, Prime Minister of Bangladesh MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Embassy Warsaw announces UK-Poland Green Recovery Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DASA to host innovation investment networking forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Disabled People’s Organisations (DPOs) forum launches this month MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Amb Pruce's Speech at the Forum on Youths’ SOGIE & Mental Health
 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UKAEA Supplier Forum, 3 July MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Seminar with the Forum of Indian Regulators (FOIR) on Better Regulation (20th May) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Caroline Dinenage's keynote speech for the Founders Forum - Healthtech stage MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Biometrics Commissioner’s address to the Westminster Forum: 5 May 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS COP26 President closing remarks at Placencia Ambition Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS COP26 President speech at opening of Placencia Ambition Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Office brings together Police and Crime Commissioners at Tackling Crime Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK welcomes journalists from across the Middle East for second UK-Arab Commentators Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Communities Secretary visits Jerusalem for fifth World Holocaust Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lord Ahmad sets out UK commitment to Declaration of the Stockholm International Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK statement at the Global Refugee Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lord Reed's address at the Judicial Forum in Bosnia and Herzegovina MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Turkmen delegation to attend Creative Central Asia Forum in Tashkent MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Guatemala holds its own Business and Human Rights Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint Communique on the UK-Tunisia bilateral forum MoD News 0
slim Was Rum Ration a Better forum in the Olden Days Diamond Lil's 14
MoD_RSS Secretary of State speech at the Ambrosetti Forum: Intelligence on the World, Europe, and Italy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Second Polish-British Science Forum to take place in London MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK pavilion at the Economic Forum in Krynica MoD News 0
MoD_RSS FCO Minister Wheeler visit to Fiji and the Pacific Island Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Regional forum for Senior Responsible Officers established in the Midlands region MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Secretary of State keynote: UKEF Trade and Export Finance Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Oil and gas fiscal forum returns to Aberdeen for the second year for talks on decommissioning MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Belt and Road Forum: Philip Hammond's speech MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Remembering & Rethinking: the international forum on the Kindertransport at 80 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Welsh Secretary launches Wales-France business forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK and World Economic Forum to lead regulation revolution to foster industries of the future MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Secretary of State opens Education World Forum 2019 MoD News 0
J Potential Royal Marines Forum closed? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
MoD_RSS Speech: Alistair Burt's speech at the UK-Lebanon Business and Investment Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Ofsted Early Years Pedagogy and Practice Forum members announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: London hosts inaugural international online courts forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Keynote address welcoming participants to the UK and to the Global Forest Governance Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Lord Chancellor and Lord Chief Justice to address the inaugural international forum on online courts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Durham Armed Forces Forum: better supporting a talented and complex veteran community MoD News 0