Spot the council house.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by BillyNoMates, Sep 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Tree officers wtf?

2. I think they used to be called 'Branch managers' :roll:

3. I actually live in the same street as the nutter with the trees. TBH, they only look out of proportion when shot from above or below. Bit of a storm in a teacup.

4. I thought they looked quite nice. If the neighbours don't like it let them move. Everone should be made to plant half a dozen trees in their gardens. Stand fast those without a garden. 8)

5. Surely to assess the council-houseness we need to see the size of the telly screen.

Wall-mounted of course.

6. You're exagerating Jimbo....... I only used a 2" brush :oops:

7. :) Whilst I was working in a certain office in a certain establishment a couple of years ago, a fancy telly (info for the troops) was erected. One of the slightly less classy bints in the office (and believe me - that is saying something!) asked if I had a similar one in my house (as she clearly did in hers).

My response that I didn't even live in a council house received the hoped-for reaction :D

8. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

:lol:

PM me your address and I'll be the judge of that with a google street view.

9. OK I'll bite.It isn't a council house.According to one report the owner is an ex dockyard matey which may go some way to explain what is going on.

10. Feck me! Dockyard maties will nick anything these days. I bet those trees were replacement masts for HMS Victory. 8)

11. What a complete cnut, not only blighting the lives of others but probably doing damage to his own property as well, gutteing, roots around drains etc.
    All because he's a little "It's Moi land" twat who thinks that what he does on his property is his business, never mind that the trees would almost certainly block sunlight for long periods for most of his neighbours.
    The Council should get in, there lop the things off at a reasonable height and then bill the owner, no payee County Court, still no payee send in the Baliffs.
    Job done.

12. TBH, if I was affected by this sort of behaviour, there would have been a terible accident involving a hedge trimmer and some coppernails some time ago.

13. I wonder when the "Google Earth" image was taken? The one of my house is at least 4 years old (The green house is still there). Those trees could have spread further now .

14. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Jeez, scary stuff. I had to double check it wasn't my gaffe.

"There for the grace..." etc.

Having recently acquired my Father-in-Law's almost identical house, a few hundred miles mainly Nor, nor', but slighly east of this location it would probably be true to say that all angles are fully appreciated, including all the associated arguments.

Not six feet from the front door was a 30' + oak tree & to the rear, at the end of the west facing garden, a 45' larch. Nice.

My neighbours now fully appreciate the significance of the remaining oak & larch stumps which was my pre-condition of the acquisition, together with the removal of the more than 50% coverage of the entire dwelling afforded by 3' thick ivy.

Despite my best efforts, only those living outside of the property appear to be appreciative.

15. Pre condition of house buildings insurance is that no large tree is within
    3 metres of the house .
    Due to roots doing damage and also danger of the tree falling down onto the house .

The guy seems like a nutter ----attention seeker .

G

16. Aye sounds like the Council's getting sucked in with the nutjob's claim that he'll discuss the issue with his neighbours.
    Dragging it on for a few more months no doubt.
    Council should be firm set a date for all negotiations to be completed and then move in with the chainsaws if nothing is done.

17. Who's got the key's? I'm driving. :oops: :lol:

18. Google Earth 152 Churchway Weston Mill Plymouth - zoom down
    and go into street wiew (click on pic adjacent to the blue car and drive by)