Sports in the navy...Boxing

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Nickszilagyi, Aug 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Was interested in carrying on boxing when I joined the navy...was just wondering how often you guys get to train and what bases have boxing gyms? :eek:

2. :oops: All Bases and Ships have them!!!! sometimes referred to as Messdecks :wink: :wink: :wink:

3. All bases have gyms and generally have boxing teams but I wouldn't worry about that until

a) you actually get in

b) actually pass all your training

4. C decide which branch you want to join.

5. I few mates of mine did boxing in the Navy, never really saw them, they missed out on most of the solidering, also slightly of topic another mate of mine was in the ski team, hardly saw him, always jetting of all over the place.

6. Dont worry,it will work itself out for you,i remember when i was based up north in Rosyth there was a ferkin Mine sweeper there with 99procent of the crew doing boxing,in fact the skipper ( a crazy LT ) had boxing gloves as the ships badge just in front of the bridge ,let them know you box and they will take care of everything else,except if your crap then you get a branch change to steward , :D

7. you really ferking hate stewards chris?

8. Doesn't everyone?

9. If you're crap at boxing and become a steward, that's two different ways to get battered in the ring.

10. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

11. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Boxing is all well in the Fleet. The TAURUS 09 deployment boxing comp was recently held onboard BULWARK in Gib. Where the mighty BULWARK won, obviously. Good night was had be all. Well done Tommy Lawton and the team.

Boxing training was very popular on deployment and we even have one AB in the RN Women's Boxing Team. However not everyone does it to compete and a fair number just wanted a different work out routine

12. :D :D .NO ,but i just cant get my head around the fact that a guy can want to serve another guy,ie cleaning and looking after them,ughhhhh, i appoligize for my state today as ive been drinking since 1200,and of course chilling, 8) ,i just dont think its a job for a roughy toughy matelot,

13. There was a steward on field gun with me in the late 70`s,really great guy, :wink:

14. Lets be honest whats the point of being in the Armed forces to be someones BITCH ????

15. We're all the Queen's bitch, don't forget that.

16. Yea thats true

17. Thanks. I asked a diver at the DDS and he said there would be no chance to box as a diver ? due to injries cold cut yor career short or something :S 8O

18. Had a trainee submariner boxer who got [email protected] so hard he had swelling of the brain, couldn't do the tank due to head injury so end of boats career, I would imagine the same would apply to diving but Angrydoc would be able to advise.

19. What about cycling? Looks like there's loads of room on the aircraft carriers