Spoof or what?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Always_a_Civvy, Jan 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How the f*ck should I know?

2. Course it is mate!

0 vote(s)
  3. It is dead serious mate!

0 vote(s)
  4. What the heck

0 vote(s)
  5. Other

0 vote(s)
  1. This is for Christophiles and Matelotphiles.... I think this is a spoof but some people think it's dead serious and offensive. It has even been banned by one Christian website! What do you think?

2. Always, do you realy care what some poor sceptic who has been brought up in the bible belt to be a dyed in the wool fundamentalist sings about. Looking/listening at/to him, given half a chance he would probably batting for the other side anyway
  3. Always - please explain what is its relevance to this site?
  4. Always - please explain what is its relevance to this site?
  5. The tune I've heard somewhere else before but I can't put my thumb on it, which makes me think that it's a spoof.

Why are christian websites banning it? It's what most believe although I think most of them should reread the bible...
  6. Just watched the video and it must be a spoof. As a professional poof spotter I am 90% certain that the guy singing is a fag.
    If he isn't the my dicks a Bloater.

(fish for tea?)
  7. Steve, I've got to agree with F169 here. What is the relevence of this to a Navy forum? If it was part of a wider discussion about hatters or god botherers in the mob then I could see the point of the post, but it's not.
    From many of your previous posts it's clear that you are pretty much a switched-on cookie so it would be reasonable to assume that you subscribe to other fora, especially gay and possibly Christian ones. You seem to have a bit of a bee in your bonnet (chip on your shoulder?) over this issue and IMHO those are probably the better sites for you to post your airings on this subject.
    I don't think many matelotes give a fcuk one way or the other, though subsequent posts may prove me wrong.
  8. Sorry to disagree with you Jimmy And F1, but this post is in Lil's, and just looking the threads listed in lil's, quite a lot have nothing to do with the mob or RR, so the relevance of this thread to RR is neither here or there, and I dare say you have both posted to threads that fall under the catagory for F all to do with the mob.

Although I could boint out that it is no longer against QRRN's to bat for the other side, so in that case it does have a modicum o relevance.
  9. Always
    I will buy you a wet when you come over to Spain.No pun intended!!!
    Looking forward to the meet.
    By the way an old adage "Don't knock it until you've tried it" comes to mind.
    We are what we are,just cherish what we have
  10. I agree with Mikh, on diamond lills we discuss everything. The rules are lax and comments can be made here which on other parts of the site would be deleted.
  11. 'Fraid to say that this isn't a spoof and is pretty typical of various christian fundamentalist groups in the USA. It's not just homosexuality but also the teaching of Darwinian evolution and much of accepted science that is under attack in a lot of the US bible belt. The fundies are constantly trying to replace Darwin's Theories with their own brand of Genesis.

This would be pretty funny in the UK but these groups have a lot of power in the USA. Here's a current good example; the Grand Canyon is 227 miles long, over a mile deep and varies in width from 4 to 18 miles. The rock strata in the bottom of the canyon are scientifically dated to be 2000 million years old.

Pretty big and pretty old.

The responsibility for the canyon lies with the US National Parks Service and the fundies have forced them to stop explaining the formation of the canyon in geological terms or referring to it's age. The fundies maintain that the canyon was formed during Noah's flood and is no more ancient than 4500 years old. Again this would be pretty laughable but they have now forced the NPS to offer this as an alternate explanation.

Hope that this broadens the context of Alway's original post and helps to explain why Lil's is an ideal place to begin these threads.

12. OK. Fair points, well made. This is Lil's and any subject is open for discussion. Humble pie eaten and digested.
  13. Bergan nailed it. It's all too real.
    Love God's Ways ministries is cut from the same cloth as the Westborough Baptist Church, of funeral protest faim.

Here's a list of bands they say you should keep your children away from, as they're either gay, or promote gay issues:

Icky fag-loving bands

Couple of my favs are on the list (Nickleback, Grateful Dead)
  14. Why can't these so called Christians who believe that god is omnipotent realise that if this is the case then the deity is also responsible for all the homosexuals on the planet. People rarely turn homosexual they are born that way. About time that they learned to accept these facts and live and let live.
  15. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Nah! I don't get it! Why would some fat, middle aged bloke dress up like a sterotypical queer, (no disrespect to those who are, I use the term to press my point: what's with that tache? he looks like a '70's bootneck!) and preach hatred in the name of God, someone is either very very confused, thick as f*ck! or having a laugh.
  16. You need to look at some of the other fundie sites...particularly the "End of Days" crowd and the "Rapturists".....they are looking forward to Armageddon because all the bad people will go to hell and all of the fundies will be redeemed...plus JC will re-appear....ISYN

17. chieftiff

Unfortunately mate the country in which you live has gone madder than a Mercury swilling hatter! I recently watched a TV documentary hosted by Professor Richard Dawkins ( a man who I have a deep respect for having read a few of his books) He basically set out to ridicule the "Intelligent Design" followers within the education system of the USA, it didn't work! never have I seen such a bunch of non scientific "scientists" the scary thing for me was Dawkins' fear that there is a real risk this crap will wear off into our education system. Being a sometimes member of that community I can easily see how it would happen, the Liberal brigade are rife and only too willing to forward their own political agenda by backing these idiots, regardless of their views of the "argument".

In defence of many of the young people who fall for this crap, evolution is not an easy concept and it's not taught in any detail until A level, to then confuse them with an Infant School model for life is criminal.
  18. I didn't know that Bergen - I'm shocked! :shock: Could you post more details... a link perhaps that I can pass on at work?
  19. Steve having examined the video again I am even more convinced that the singer bats for the same side as yourself. What do you think?
  20. chieftiff

I don't know about Bergens' statement above but I am sure he will re-appear and post you a link, for further reading on the subject though have a look here:

The article links to several other articles on the subject, creationalism AKA Intelligent Design is growing in the States after that idiot Bush put forward his view that he would like it taught in all US High Schools. The problem is teaching ID in a Religeous Education class is fine, I have no opposition to that, Christian Fundamentalists are however pushing for it to taught in Biology Class! They are not interested in whether we believe The Universe was created in a week or not, the fact is that they are riding on a wave of controversy and public exposure is what they crave. The big issue is that they are getting more and more popular, their pseudo-science is being accepted by people who know no different and it's coming to a school near you, soon!

Richard Dawkins sat back for a long time, refusing to even debate the issue for fear of giving their "arguments" credence, he has only recently changed that stance. His new book, which I own but have not yet read "The God Delusion" is his way of hopefully putting the idiots back in their box- and that does include the idiot who is allowed to run the biggest Army on Earth and yet is swayed by The Christian Fundamentalist movement because they form a large section of the US electorate!