Sponsored reservist

Discussion in 'RFA' started by SCC_SUPPORTER, Nov 15, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone tell me exactly what a sponsored reservist is? doing a bit of research for my interview and my powers of google have deserted me and not sure if I'm getting the right answer elsewhere
  2. Have you tried Wikipedia?

Sent from my D2203 using Tapatalk
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks Jamie that's a big help
  4. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeah, think they said apprentices don't sign up to it at my interview.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2015
  6. Apprentices can't sign up until their two year aprenticship is complete
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Does this mean apprentices could join other reserve forces?
  8. You can still be a reserve while being a apprentice, but after your two years you can't
  9. I'm not so sure about that. 2 of the guys on my course left the reserves due to a "conflict of interests" and since we will spend 12 months of the 2 years at sea or training there wouldn't be much point in doing so anyway I imagine.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I am an apprentice, and you do sign up to it, the moment you start phase one!
  11. exJenny

Every day's a school day.
  12. Errr I'm an apprentice in phase one and I haven't signed anything for a Sponsored Reservist, just my apprenticeship contract.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. exJenny

I was under the impression that you didn't sign up until you completed the apprenticeship and secured a permanent contract.
  14. I'm on a Cadetship, at BRNC atm, and we don't sign up for sponsored reserve status until we sign a permanent contract once the cadetship ends. would have thought apprentice was the same.
  15. exJenny

16. Fist day at HMS Raleigh, it was one of the first things we did, we where told we had to.
    i am now starting to wonder if it is specific to the trade or because we where the very
    first apprentices to go through after the last SG2's and things had not been changed yet.
    out of pure intrest what apprenticeship are you doing? ours is Deck!
  17. Your RFA training is certainly different to RN training ;)
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. exJenny

Must be a new thing for apprentices.