Sponsored reservist

Can anyone tell me exactly what a sponsored reservist is? doing a bit of research for my interview and my powers of google have deserted me and not sure if I'm getting the right answer elsewhere

H

H.Nelson

Yeah, think they said apprentices don't sign up to it at my interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can still be a reserve while being a apprentice, but after your two years you can't
I'm not so sure about that. 2 of the guys on my course left the reserves due to a "conflict of interests" and since we will spend 12 months of the 2 years at sea or training there wouldn't be much point in doing so anyway I imagine.

I'm on a Cadetship, at BRNC atm, and we don't sign up for sponsored reserve status until we sign a permanent contract once the cadetship ends. would have thought apprentice was the same.

Fist day at HMS Raleigh, it was one of the first things we did, we where told we had to.
i am now starting to wonder if it is specific to the trade or because we where the very
first apprentices to go through after the last SG2's and things had not been changed yet.
out of pure intrest what apprenticeship are you doing? ours is Deck!

Fist day at HMS Raleigh, it was one of the first things we did, we where told we had to.
i am now starting to wonder if it is specific to the trade or because we where the very
first apprentices to go through after the last SG2's and things had not been changed yet.
out of pure intrest what apprenticeship are you doing? ours is Deck!
Your RFA training is certainly different to RN training ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T RFA 14
TattooDog Charity 0
Rincewind Charity 57