spitting on medals

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by seafarer1939, Feb 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Don't know what the current attitude of the modern Jack is but I do know in my time I would have done my best to find this toe rag in Pompey and I would not be the only one.
    Not that I am advocating retribution,just a quiet word to make him see the error of his ways,every time he walks the streets!

2. I read about this in the papers. It didn't surprise me how lightly he got off. I am surprised he hasn't been given a shoeing yet though

3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I know veterans who were there, including SAMA 82 members, and they very nearly got to the young cherub before the Police did... :twisted:

4. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

edit, repeating what Jimbo said.

5. OK so why exactly is this toerag allowed to live in the UK? He is jobless, has prior convictions and generally dislikes everything British. Send him back from whence he came and see how he likes that, bet they wouldn't be so soft on him back home.

6. Not siding with the twat, but where does it say he's an immigrant?

7. That's a fair point.
    Could we just kill him?

8. Oh, I'd go along with that.

9. Guzzler.

For your edification
    Current Bun says
    AN Iraq-born yob was branded "abhorrent to society" by a court yesterday after spitting on a World War II hero's medals.
    Serwan Abdullah, 23, launched the attack on Timothy House, who was wearing his grandad's medals outside a pub on Remembrance Sunday.

Arrogant Abdullah showed no remorse, telling cops he had done "nothing wrong". He added: "I'm proud of what I've done. I have no respect for him. F*** him and f*** his medals."

Daily Mail says
    An Iraqi-born yob who spat on a World War II hero's medals on Remembrance Day yesterday escaped jail.
    Serwan Abdullah, 23, targeted Timothy House while he was wearing his late grandfather’s honours after a commemorative parade.

The Express says
    Iraqi-born Serwan Abdullah, 23, walked free with a community sentence for defiling the memory of Second World War paratrooper Sam Steadman on Remembrance Day.

10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

11. I noticed a picture of the guy wearing his grandfathers medals in one of the newspapers. He looked more like a walt than someone wearing them in someones memory. The medals were on the right hand side, surely he needs informing that they should be worn on the left if he didn't earn them!

As for the guy spitting on the medals, deport him, let him fight for the Taliban if he wants (after the homing beacon has been inserted deeply into his arse.

12. Think you got that wrong. Earnt medals are on the left breast, if he had them on the right he was correct if he didn't earn them

13. Fair enough alacrity - I was just going by the link. Ta for the further info.

14. Earned medals are worn on the recipient's left, like this (DT link):

[​IMG]

15. I stand corrected. He was wearing them on the left (right as I looked at photo) The correct place should have been the right breast. He was also wearing a blazer with a badge on and a tie which looked regimental.
    The whole look was of an ex serviceman (which of course he may be).

16. Sorry I made a mistake when typing the reply.
    Now to my mind this guy looks like a typical Walt
    Anybody recognise the blazer badge he is wearing the tie or the lapel badges?

17. Miltary Medal (So Army), GSM and some WWII stars. A Lanacashire Regiment or Princess of Wales Royal Regiment blazer badge?

18. And reading Karl Marx so we will shoot him as well. :twisted: :D

19. What a vile little cnut.

Edit: The yob not the old boy.