Spithead 53

Discussion in 'History' started by scouse, Oct 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. And even the submariners had hats! :wink:
  2. That was a fantastic watch, shame that we don't have a fleet that size anymore.
  3. Good one Scouse....Heavy Metal days
  4. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Bit of a weepie really!

Seaweed was there - watching from Perseus which had spectator stages rigged on her flight deck. This was the navy I was going to join. One of the other boys with me became a rear admiral.
  5. My oppo sent me this last night. I watched Winston's funeral about six times. D'you reckon we could muster a full contingent for a State Funeral these days?
    The 1947 review in the Clyde was worth a watch too.
    Incidentally, I was under puns during the Coronation review. Detailed off, when off duty, to act as a guide, taking civvies round the fleet in a MTB.

6. PS. Don't tell Granny there's a picture of the Indefat. on there, he'll only cry! :(

7. No thats what I call a Royal Navy. Dream on Sprogs.
  8. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I've studied it carefully and I believe that they were dubbed in at a later time
  9. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

Very nostalgic for me, thanks for showing it. I have a big BUT though. I was in the Med at the time on the Bermuda, almost all of the Fleet sailed for home to take part in the review, apart from Bermuda. We were in Limassol on the day and had a parade of our own on the seafront. It was tri-service but there weren't too many of us. Still we had a good piss up afterwards.
  10. Note HURRAH not HURRAY