Spit or swallow?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by SONAR-BENDER, Jan 8, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now I have your undivided attention – do I spit or swallow! I have a chest cold – not man flu, no bunged up nose, just a hacking and productive cough which is producing some great dockyard oysters. First thing in the morning the first cough produces fine lumps of quivering green jelly that almost refuses to descend the plughole – if I spit.

So, in days of old our ancestors would probably have spat, BUT, does swallowing do (me) any harm? If so/not, then why? I guess the stomach acids would overpower a lump of wobbly snot, but am I correct? It is after al a heaving mass of nasty bugs.

[FONT=&quot]I anticipate some ‘interesting’ replies, hence posting in Lil's, but it would be nice to know the ‘correct’ answer! Thank you in advance and I’m sorry if the thread title raised false hope![/FONT]

2. Swallow every time, it will help in building up your immune system.

3. If in Spain spit, I don't give a fuck about johnny foreigner.
    If in France spit at Johny foreigner.
    If in England swallow you filthy germ infested mucus producing filth factory.
    If in Guzz or Pompey you may have an option three. Spit into the air and let the shite hawks swallow.

4. Go out and purchase a few bottles of this potion:-

[​IMG]

I promise you, you'll soon cease hacking, bla-a-rrrking and gakkkking....the stuff is thermonuclear.

5. I suppose you buy it at Hactors House.
    Tee hee.

6. It doesn't really matter.

You will die soon.

(that's what it says in my first aid book)

7. Stop threatening me you anonymous Internet bully.
    You don't live next door do you.
    I did not do that to your cat.
    Not deliberately.

8. My cats are living safely in Hastings I'll have you know.

Though I do believe others have wrongly thought that in the past.

Not cats.

9. I am not going to ask why your cats are 248 miles from you,I do know cats like to roam.
    However there are blokes in today's modern Navy who would consider your cats to be on a friggin foreign deployment.
    Are they Sea Cats? Can I get them any milk?

10. Here's one I took earlier......

[​IMG]

But it doesn't really define the 'wobbly' factor of my first-thing-in-the-morning hack fest.

In the best traditions of Norway Chris!

Cheers BNM!!