Spent convictions.

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Mitchell1995, Mar 5, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi there everyone,
    Second post from myself. I know people have posted similar before but it just doesn't quite answer what I'm wanting to ask so sorry for these questions to keep popping up but asked in a different way every damn time lol!
    I have my RT on the 15th of his month so I have had plenty of time to get all my paper work ready and get back into my fitness for later on. I am looking to join as a weapons engineer CIS as others who seen my last post will know :).
    So here's he thing... When I was 14 I was interrupted watching tv by my 13 year old brother who was bleeding severely from what he told me was a load of 18 year old jump him behind he house. His head was cracked open it was a mess. So long story short, I went outside and beat the shit out of the few boys that stayed around to have another go. Unfortunately it ended with landing my self with a conviction of ( GBH without intent. Fine £1100 30hrs community service) as a suspended sentence. I was told that my conviction was spent within 6 months and I have never been in trouble since. The community service finished when I was 15.
    That was five+ years a go and like I said I have never been in trouble since. because I was so young my mother had to pay it in installaments and I paid her back immediately. Do I sound like someone who isn't going to get passed the security checks.? I am being completely honest with my paper work telling my conviction. And I'm bringing in my DBS CRB as proof if nessasery