Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Nutty, Apr 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For all you members who like to criticizes other's spelling consider the following.

Recent research indicates only the first and last letter need to be in the correct place to make sense. Try reading the following that was sent to me:

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it.

A liitle more concentration required but easy. So stop giving us poor spellers a hard time.

2. It's not spelling that get's me, it's the misuse of apostrophe's that really get's on my tit's.
  3. Nice one, never thought about that before, but it really is readable.
    Cool. :D
  4. I wouldn't criticise spelling in a thread discusion in the normal course of events, because we all do it and are generally a bit hyped when we post or reply. There is no doubt that the first and last letter theory is right, but standards drop by the day. Read a few RORRS reports (ACRs for the other Services) and you might get despondent.
  5. I'm sure I spelt discussion with 3 s's before I posted!!!!