Spell check

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Simmo, Apr 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is there a spell check on this site when making a post?
    I'm as guilty as anyone on this site for making typo's and when you consider that it is monitored by the press, it would be good to look literate. Especially when RR is quoted in the snail!

2. What spells were you thinking of casting?

I'll get me coat........

3. Taxi! :D

No mate there isn't, just the edit feature.

4. If you are that worried compile it in Word...spell check then cut 'n' paste

5. Cheers Lamri, been part of this site for a while now, but still learning, still need an Avatar, still need to make a gallery and make a donation.
    As soon as I get my next JPA payment? and return from deployment, I'll get around to it.
    In the meantime, I'll just have to get my 7 year old boy to check my spelling.

6. IMHO one of the best things about this site is that there is no spell-check capability.

RM

7. Hoe rite u arr Bergs

8. kudnt agrey mure

9. Why have you got your 7 year old boy on deployment with you? :?:

I wouldn't trust his spelling either as he is obviously missing out on some vital schooling :wink:

10. Sadly mine is a function of windows and so when I type in HTML it underlines in red and offers corrections if you mouse over+right click. Annoying as it offers to remove the u's from colour and flavour (its set to 'murrican) and change s to z for legitamise or c to s for licence. Bugger all use for a service related site full of slang and jargon with numbers anyway, so until they get around to offering a jackspeak plug in for MSWord you can teach the dictionary words like goffer, belfing, harryblackmaskers, dhobey, chogey, sundodger, bootie, and doesthebufferwearafoulie.

11. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

excellent...PMSL

12. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

If ther wus a spellcheka we wuldnt no if u wus fick, aMericun, bofe or dis... .....disleks... disleksik wood wee?

13. Download the Google toolbar, it contains a spellchecker.

14. And lovely spyware!

15. Woudnt worry about the spellcheck , mine is awfull but couldnt give a fxxk as long as I take part ,

16. The Apple Mac spell check feature automatically underlines misspelled text (in red) when I'm in RR.... but I don't always notice/choose to use it, if I'm frantically scribbling! So if you want functionality, buy one of these!

[​IMG]

Here... They're cheaper if you are in training/doing an educational course (eg. night school).

17. I have a spelling chequer
    It came with my pea sea
    It plainly marques four my revue
    Miss takes I cannot see

I've run this poem threw it
    I'm shore yaw pleased to no
    It's letter perfect in its weigh
    My chequer told me sew...

A cheek or is a blessing
    It freeze yew lodes of thyme
    It helps me right awl stiles two reed
    And aides me when aye rime

Now spilling does not phase me
    It does knot bring a tier
    My pay purrs awl due glad den
    With wrapped words fare as hear

To rite with care is quite a feet
    Of witch won should be proud
    And wee mussed dew the best wee can
    Sew flaws are knot aloud

So ewe can sea why aye dew prays
    Such soft wear four pea seas
    And why eye brake in two averse
    Buy righting want to please

18. Er, dictionary?

Honourable intention, though.

19. How do you look it up in a dictionary if you don`t know how to spell it?

20. lmao. :lol: