speed camera

13/19 - but as I live in the Independent Republic of Livingstonia (The Smoke to the uninitiated) we get to recognise the sneaky blighters...!!
They (the vans) don't like being spotted, and reminded when they are parking illegally on the Red Routes :wink:

Twelve again.

I know a few roads locally where they should have those things stop the knobs killing a child but No! they are placed where the takings are good.

slim

War Hero
Seriously static speed cameras do not work. Drivers get to know where they are and slow down for them then accelerate away. If the powers are really interested in keeping the traffic to a set speed then Average speed cameras are the way to go. I frequently drive from Wokingham to Wales using the M4. One section of roadworks has average speed cameras with a speed limit of 40MPH. Not many break the speed limit.
I have been informed that if you change lanes so that after seeing the first camera the next camera sees you in a different lane and cannot work out your average speed. However use this method at your own risk.

If it was speed that the powers that be were really interested in lowering, then they'd utilise the electronic warning signs advising you to lower your speed, - but we all know that it's revenue they are after, but only from British drivers, as they can't be bothered to chase the foreign perps.

nutty_bag

War Hero
brazenhussy said:
http://www.speedcam.co.uk/game.htm

i got 12 ouf 19!!!!!!!! :???:

13 out of 19. I recognise some of those places, the one into much wenlock is notorious. And yes i did get it. :grin:

whitemouse said:
If it was speed that the powers that be were really interested in lowering, then they'd utilise the electronic warning signs advising you to lower your speed, - but we all know that it's revenue they are after, but only from British drivers, as they can't be bothered to chase the foreign perps.

To be fair the attitude varies from area to area, where I live now they do use speed warning signs as well as cameras and good old fashioned hand guns, and they don't hide either and still get plenty of business so many who get caught deserve everything they get.

Where I used to live we had a pedestrian crossing almost in front of our house, opposite a childrens play park and football pitches, until they installed the GATSO we would have at least one emergency stop at that crossing because drivers were speeding every week, after the camera was installed none. Locally after they installed the cmeras there and elsewhere the dead and seriously killed numbers fell and have been continuing to fall and we have has several no children killed years, something that did not happen before, so if properly sited and operated there are positive experiences.

If you don't like cotributing cash don't speed, it's easy realy.