Special Forces

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by ollie123, Mar 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Theoretically, it itsn't impossible for members of the RN to join the SBS or SAS if they tick all the correct boxes is it?

Just a thought.
  2. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

MODS please, there is such a thing as OPSEC.

I thought 49 Para was not for general discussion.
  3. I know a guy that passed SBS selection then went on and passed 49 para selection on his second crack. Top bloke called dinger.
  4. I know Dinger. He did a bit of a round robin from selous scouts, SASR then 49 selection. I believe he only just scraped through though. Must have been those non-issue boots he was wearing!!
  5. Maybe I haven't been hanging around in the right places but I have never heard of '49 Para' - but I have heard and know of various people who have gone over to serve with our Balaclaved bretheren.
  6. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Junior Assistant Steward. He was the the first man on the balcony. Served the after action wets too.
  7. Were those the same wets he used to do for the box of toys? After harbours...when at rivers or SSD's?
  8. Wasn't he the guy that re-took Ascension Is. from the Colombians with Dave and Taff as a 3-man team from 49 Para?
  9. Nah...that was Robbie zipneck :rambo: ...I think...
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Mod Edit: Guys, bit of decorum please. References to 49 to be kept to a minimum, perlease.

We don't want everyone talking about 49.

11. Sorry lads, Dave was on the Door at the Crystal Rooms at the time, for us in the"Know" Dinger, Taff, Johno & George slotted about 700
  12. Potentially my dad??!!!, whats the name of the dinger your referring to?

Got any good stories he might wanna have forgotten....and that I could bring up to his surprise over dinner???
  13. It's all Nimrods & Pagodas.
    Never did see the end of the snooker.
  14. What a load of bollocks, the guy asks a decent question and he gets duff gen and a MOD going all "Oh it's a secret."
    It's 3 Para Mortars for the Royal Navy SF Acquaint and by God their good, just make sure you're an outlier.
  15. Somebody's needs more sleep! go back to bed sheep lover
  16. Sorry NZB! Dave was on the door at the Crystal Rooms, he couldnt have been anywhere else.....LOL FFS :toilet:
  17. right i give up

i thought we all liked 69ers,

someone once told me that 42 was the key number

have we combined the two to make 49 the magic number now or what!!
  18. Ninja_Stoker

No, you're correct.

Just thought I'd give a straight answer to your double-negative question & put everyone out of their misery.

(The 49 Para bit is probably made up).

19. Oh really?
  20. Ninja_Stoker