Special Forces in the Royal Marines

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Orwell, Feb 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi.
    I'm a Yank, and I have a rather serious question for you kind people.
    My daughter has this boyfriend that she has been dating for about 8 months. We'll call him John.
    John says he is in the Royal Marine Reserves.
    John says he is in some kind of a super secret unit within the Royal Marines.
    John is 28 years old.
    John told my daughter that he was recently advanced to the rank of General in the reserves.
    A couple months ago he left the USA to go back to the UK for some kind of training. He called my daughter on a Saturday and told her that he had to go to Iraq on a special secret mission. 3 days later he was back in the USA.
    How could he go from the UK to Iraq, do his secret mission thing, and then fly back to the USA in less than 3 days?
    And how can he be a General at the age of 28?
    And if he is supposed to be so secretive about his "missions", why is he telling us all this stuff?
    About 5 months ago he told us he had a secret "mission" in Korea, of all places. He was gone a couple weeks.
    There is more to tell, but I won't get into it now.
    None of this makes any sense.
    I love my daughter, and I don't want to see her hurt by this guy.
    Do I have legitimate concerns?

Thank you in advance.
  2. Me thinks John is full of Bullsh!t
    28 year old general, No way.
    I am sure that someone on the site will be able to point you to a site where all Royal Marine officers are listed. I believe that Royal Marines are still on The Navy List.
  3. Hi Orwell, welcome to RR.

If you search through the forums you will find a thread about Sam"the man" Costa. I'm an IT dummy so someone will post a link I'm sure.

Your problem sounds identical in type to this thread.

Can I suggest you show your daughter the threads.

Hope this may help.

4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

not at all mate, all Royal marines are special, I personaly achieved the rank of field marshal.

If your daughter truly loves this marine (as every girl should) I would personally take care of the guys little worries for him.

when he visits offer him money so he can enjoy his time of because british generals dont get paid very much, I know this as it was one of the ranks I had to pass through before I became a field marshal.

The secret soldier has to do alot of secret jobs, we tend not to elabarate on them and would never ever speak to a foriegn national about them, I suspect he is telling you the truth as far as he can, he might of infact told you to much already.

I would encourage your daughters relationship whole heartedly, infact why not introduce your wife to our hero?

Sir, I hope this helps.
  5. Youre being had pal, load of bullshit, weve been through this sort of thing before, Sam the Man for example, now its time for entertainment, give us his details and lets have fun with the lying turd, and join in, let the circus begin. And let your daughter see the results, lets go.
  6. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Hi Orwell and welcome to the site, I think you already know the answer to your question, don't you?

Some things to bear in mind, you are a yank therefore you have the right bear arms and whilst you have one of the worlds most boring sports in baseball, the equipment is very usefull for reminding complete tossers that Fathers love their daughters.

Enough said :wink:
  7. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Leaving out the Captain General, most senior active RM are Lieutenant Generals (two of for the use of) (CGRM is only a Major General ). The most senior reservist is a full Colonel.

Slim wrote
    Captain may even be pushing it. Our resident booties could tell you.

No question, your daughter's boyfriend is full of it. Ask him who the Captain General is, who the Commandant General is and who the Corps Regimental Sergeant Major is. Even a reservist will know. You don't need the names although I'll PM them (just in case he's reading this) if you wish, because he sure as fcuk won't know. Do it in front of your daughter and watch him squirm.

Send us the good news, pictures if possible.
  8. If, when you ask him all these questions, he gives the standard walter mitty answer of "Sorry, I'm not allowed to tell people that..." or some variation of this. Then he's a bag of bollocks, and you must torture him, it is your civic duty!
  9. Then tell him he`s on Rum Ration, mind you Chieftiffs idea of the baseball bat seems ok for starters, and leave your magnum stuck in your belt.
  10. just give him a good kicking he deserves it for being a numpty
  11. when i was 24 i was promoted from LH to general fu**ing dogsbody by my wife.
  13. Many thanks to all that replied.
    You have given me alot of helpful information.
    Me being the peaceful sort, I'm not going to assault the guy.
    I just want him to know that I am onto his game.
    Hopefully he will just go away.

Do you people think he's familiar with Rum Ration?

higthepig: No, I don't think it's the same dumbo.

Thanks again.
  14. Its not Sam the Man Di Costa again is it?give him 10/10 for effort!What a prat!
  15. Orwell

Ask this fellow when the Royal Marines were formed (28th Oct 1664) or what they were orignially known as mate (Duke of Yorks and albanys Maritime Regt of Foot) or who won the last Victory Cross (Cpl Thomas J Hunter Lake Commachio 1945) Hunter troop is also where all injured recruits are sent for rehabilitation or to be cut to pieces by naval surgeons. If he's who he says he is then he should answer these questions without hesitation. Hope this is helpful.
    Marine Nutty_bag
  16. If this guy is, or turns out to be like Sam the Man, Orwell, he was a persistant bugger and may not just go away without causing further hurt.

Do not panic, find some way to get him to come on this site or sit him down and show him the replies to your post.

If the he does come on line he would be made welcome and we will check his credentials. We have members of all different branches of the services who can verify his status including US citizens and imigrants.

If he is genuine he should have no problem with this offer as we are all very security minded and many of us hold ranks high enough to verify, in strict confidence, any claims he makes.

17. But a General at 28? our Sam was 28 and he was only an RN Captain, Invite your daughter onto this site, we have a far better class of Lying Morons, there are even a few who have been known to tell the truth, or so I`ve heard.
  18. I'm admrial of the fleet and only 22
  19. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Orwell, some times its good to embrace violence, if some numpty was messing my daughter around I would.......doesn't make you a bad person mate