speccy four eyes

how strict are the eye sight standards - i was prescribed glasses 6 months ago although i feel ok without them. my eyesight test is soon, I don't know what to expect? cheers

charl_louize said:
how strict are the eye sight standards - i was prescribed glasses 6 months ago although i feel ok without them. my eyesight test is soon, I don't know what to expect? cheers
Are you long or short sighted ??
Do you need them all the time or just for reading/driving ??

x4nd

Lantern Swinger
charl_louize said:
i believe im short sighted a bit which is a bit of a b*stard really
It won’t make any difference whether you wear glasses or not, unless uncorrected vision is very, very poor. I’ve made it through 20 yrs of service wearing glasses and have never had any major problems.

Depends on your branch; aircrew and warfare is quite high but there are spec wearers on entry to the Warfare Branch and inevitably quite annumber come to wear them over time.

Loggies and engineers are less strict about the standard.

charl_louize said:
I believe beer goggles are the spectacles that make munters look like theyve got a nice rack. [see ianthesmudgers avater]
Actually, it's not strictly limited to the rackage area. They make munters look like Sienna Miller.

ps. If you have a rack like Ian's avatar, don't worry about the glasses. As long as you have a male (or female PTI) as an interviewer, you'll be fine!! :oops: :lol:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Blue Jokes 0
S The Fleet 18
N Submariners 1