speccy four eyes

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by charl_louize, Mar 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. how strict are the eye sight standards - i was prescribed glasses 6 months ago although i feel ok without them. my eyesight test is soon, I don't know what to expect? cheers
  2. Are you long or short sighted ??
    Do you need them all the time or just for reading/driving ??
  3. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

There is loads of advice on here already, do a search through the Newbies threads
  4. i believe im short sighted a bit which is a bit of a b*stard really
  5. It won’t make any difference whether you wear glasses or not, unless uncorrected vision is very, very poor. I’ve made it through 20 yrs of service wearing glasses and have never had any major problems.
  6. Beer goggles are the glasses to avoid....
  7. I believe beer goggles are the spectacles that make munters look like theyve got a nice rack. [see ianthesmudgers avater]
  8. Depends on your branch; aircrew and warfare is quite high but there are spec wearers on entry to the Warfare Branch and inevitably quite annumber come to wear them over time.

Loggies and engineers are less strict about the standard.
  9. Actually, it's not strictly limited to the rackage area. They make munters look like Sienna Miller.

ps. If you have a rack like Ian's avatar, don't worry about the glasses. As long as you have a male (or female PTI) as an interviewer, you'll be fine!! :oops: :lol:
  10. Have posted this before - could a Mod make it a sticky as it's a commonly asked question?

Eyesight standards for the Royal Navy

It's a bit technical, print it off and show it to your optician.