SPAG trains for submarine rescue in Gibraltar

As I once posted on ARRSE, every time a SPAG member jumps, they put a set of para wings in a bottle and every time a Para jumps, they take one out. The SPAG is now looking for an inexhaustible supply of demi-johns. ;-P

Members of the Submarine Parachute Assistance Group (SPAG) from all three Services have been putting their parachuting skills to the test in Gibraltar this week......

Thank Christ for that! I looked out the window earlier and thought it was raining submariners!

When I worked in Gib I could watch these silly buggers jumping out of a "Fat Albert" from my office window. The fact that the aircraft was BELOW my sightline was scarey. I met a couple of them over a pint in the SR's mess in Rooke and they were not as daft as I thought!!

When I worked in Gib I could watch these silly buggers jumping out of a "Fat Albert" from my office window. The fact that the aircraft was BELOW my sightline was scarey. I met a couple of them over a pint in the SR's mess in Rooke and they were not as daft as I thought!!
(My bold)

You were doing alright until the bit in bold! Anyone leaping from aeroplanes and into the sea is not a full shilling!!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil Submariners 45
TheLastStoker The Fleet 12
duggers20 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11