"Southampton Council Defies Protests Over New Submarine"

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by soleil, Oct 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "less noise than a baby dolphin"?!

Anyway, we in Soton will look forward to having ARTFUL affiliated to us, and those weirdo's (who number about 8) can shove it!

2. I love that bit about "less noise than a baby dolphin"!

I was trying to imagine what noise a baby dolphin makes, if any, to imagine just how quiet Artful will be . I suppose they squeak or something .........

3. As I remember cos I lived there, Southampton has a massive container port so when container ships turn up powered by nuclear propulsion which I'm sure will happen, they will ban them from entering will they?
    Yea right!

4. To be fair, I'm pretty sure I've seen nuclear subs in Southampton before (since they're the only types of subs we have...).

You get small groups of nuts worried about everything though ;)

5. My bold. SSNs have been visiting Southampton Docks intermittently for at least 20+ years. Some of the of nuts, a small minority of the local population, have been complaining most of this time.

6. Swiftsure was there in the backend of 76.

7. Soton Labour Councillors Division......HO!

Soton Labour Councillors Division......About Turn!!

Soton Labour Councillors Division......On the Spot, at the Double; Back Pedal!!

"All political parties backed the move, despite a previous Labour administration declaring the city a nuclear free zone."