Southampton airport to collingwood

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Typh, Jan 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. just a quick question to ask how much a taxi roughly costs please for anyone who knows?
  2. it's probably cheaper to get the train to fareham (next stop after southampton) get a taxi from there, you nearly always find other navy lads lookin to join you in a taxi aswell so its cheap as chips!

hope this helps
  3. From Southampton Airport to Portsmouth is £25 with city wide. If you go to there web site you will get the correct fare. Hope this is of some help
  4. Not necessarily. If there are a few of you on the flight, a shared taxi from the airport is the cheapest method. However, if you share with someone known to his friends as 'bedwetter', you might find it the most expensive method.
  5. It looks like there are direct trains from Southampton Airport Parkway to Fareham at certain times of the day. The journey takes 25 minutes and the cheapest fare seems to be £5.80.

I put in the data for a lunchtime journey next Monday as an example and the result was this:

National Rail Enquiries

If you do an Advanced Search and tick Direct Trains using the data for your particular date and time, you should find one which suits you:

National Rail Enquiries - Official source for UK train times and timetables
  6. Thought it was only your mum that called me that.. well based at Sultan think I've done this trip enough times to give sufficient advice.
  7. 1. It's not only my mum that calls you that, your mum calls you that too.

2. How many times have you travelled from Southampton Airport to my Alma Mater?