SoS Defence On The Panel On Question Time BBC1 Tonight

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by soleil, Dec 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I might even stay up late and watch it!!

On a school night as well.

2. I note that the programme is coming from Exeter.

Can imagine in that case that there could be quite a few audience members there tonight with interesting views on what is happening to Defence.

There has to be a question on the topic on tonight's programme.

3. I think Charles Kennedy is brillant........if could be that good when he had a drink problem, it makes you wonder how good he could have been sober.

4. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I thought it had been moved to London because of today's vote on uni funding meaning all MPs had to be close to Westminster.

5. AG

You are right; thank you for highlighting that.

When I read about the programme on the BBC's website at lunchtime, it was still saying in the listings that the broadcast was coming from Exeter; the BBC must have re-written that bit to show the updated information later on.

Apologies.

6. Anybody see it? Did Foxy get a grilling?

7. It seems every time he has to open his mouth he starts squirming and goes a slight shade of redder. I have this strange feeling that he only fills the chair while someone else in the background is the actual Defence Sec. 8)

8. Couldn't understand his appointment as Defence Secretary - he's a GP by training so I would have though he'd be better as Health Secretary.

9. The trouble with putting people in charge of Ministries when they have prior experience of working in that sector is that they may be inclined to ignore the advice of those Civil Serpents and experts who are under them, but have a far better understanding of the job. They may also have their own agenda. They would also be more inclined to get bogged down with the detail rather than take an overall view.