SoS Defence On The Panel On Question Time BBC1 Tonight

#3
I note that the programme is coming from Exeter.

Can imagine in that case that there could be quite a few audience members there tonight with interesting views on what is happening to Defence.

There has to be a question on the topic on tonight's programme.
 

cadetsmum

Lantern Swinger
#4
I think Charles Kennedy is brillant........if could be that good when he had a drink problem, it makes you wonder how good he could have been sober.
 

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Moderator
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
#5
soleil said:
I note that the programme is coming from Exeter.

Can imagine in that case that there could be quite a few audience members there tonight with interesting views on what is happening to Defence.

There has to be a question on the topic on tonight's programme.
I thought it had been moved to London because of today's vote on uni funding meaning all MPs had to be close to Westminster.
 
#6
Ageing_Gracefully said:
soleil said:
I note that the programme is coming from Exeter.

Can imagine in that case that there could be quite a few audience members there tonight with interesting views on what is happening to Defence.

There has to be a question on the topic on tonight's programme.
I thought it had been moved to London because of today's vote on uni funding meaning all MPs had to be close to Westminster.
AG

You are right; thank you for highlighting that.

When I read about the programme on the BBC's website at lunchtime, it was still saying in the listings that the broadcast was coming from Exeter; the BBC must have re-written that bit to show the updated information later on.

Apologies.
 
#8
Joint_Force_Harrier said:
Anybody see it? Did Foxy get a grilling?
It seems every time he has to open his mouth he starts squirming and goes a slight shade of redder. I have this strange feeling that he only fills the chair while someone else in the background is the actual Defence Sec. 8)
 

cadetsmum

Lantern Swinger
#9
Couldn't understand his appointment as Defence Secretary - he's a GP by training so I would have though he'd be better as Health Secretary.
 
#10
cadetsmum said:
Couldn't understand his appointment as Defence Secretary - he's a GP by training so I would have though he'd be better as Health Secretary.
The trouble with putting people in charge of Ministries when they have prior experience of working in that sector is that they may be inclined to ignore the advice of those Civil Serpents and experts who are under them, but have a far better understanding of the job. They may also have their own agenda. They would also be more inclined to get bogged down with the detail rather than take an overall view.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil The Fleet 2
brazenhussy Diamond Lil's 11
spider_monkey Current Affairs 30

Similar threads

Latest Threads

New Posts

Top