Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sorry, I've been abusing Naval War Hero by....

G

guestm

He utterly reeks of pot noodle diet, bleach guzzling, inferiority complex battling, desperate for faceless friendship, life-failing nutcase. In short : Seriously mentally ill time bomb.

Get him on here, he'd fit right in. Up until the point he offs himself or his neighbours that is.

PompeyPusser

Midshipman
Now, I'm no expert on uniforms but.....

Can anyone Photoshop Dinner Jacket and/or Mess Kit with swords and medals? It does not seem to appear in the current manual.

BH

I saw some photos on Facebook recently of an RN Lt at his wedding on the Warrior, wearing a sword with Mess Kit.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I saw some photos on Facebook recently of an RN Lt at his wedding on the Warrior, wearing a sword with Mess Kit.
It's needed on that class of ship when swinging aboard adjacent vessels apparently. That and cutting your wedding cake/slicing the top off the champers bottle. Handy things, Swish Navy Knives.

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
You've got to admit, it reads quite well. Mind you, it looks like it was written by an infant with an over active imagination.

The fibbing wannabee polemunching hoopsniffer.

Purple_twiglet

War Hero
Now i feel a mild moral dilemma here. Having established comms and ascertained that he knew my uncle pete in the same unit, do i use this as a chance to talk about the excellent mental health support offered to Pete pver the years by charities, or do i instead mention my level of security clearance and order him off on a secret mission for a grateful nation?

Sumo

War Hero
Now i feel a mild moral dilemma here. Having established comms and ascertained that he knew my uncle pete in the same unit, do i use this as a chance to talk about the excellent mental health support offered to Pete pver the years by charities, or do i instead mention my level of security clearance and order him off on a secret mission for a grateful nation?

If his body has been through the military mill many years ago, make it a gentle mission, you would not want the dilemma of breaking him, any more than he already is.

Taztiff

War Hero
D146 was sept 74 the only odd numbers were Tiffs as they seemed to have batches saved for them? so their numbers did not line up with expected date of entry, was he a Tiff as well
I was D160 in Sept 76, Fisgard. Of about 300 in the entry only a couple of dozen were 160, the rest were D156.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
supermario Sorry not been around Nearest & Dearest 5
D Sorry for an eyesight question Joining the Royal Navy 31
D I am sorry Joining the Royal Navy 5
J Medical- psycathric (sorry for spelling!!) Joining the Royal Navy 2
L Medical question regarding an allergic reaction (sorry) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
T5igger Help with medical (sorry!) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
G Another Tattoo Question (Sorry) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 28
GreedoTheFerret Yet another clearance diver thread... Sorry Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
Guzzler Sorry for late notice Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 8
S I duplicationalified a post - sorry The Quarterdeck 0
A Career Prospects for Serving MA's - Sorry this is in the wrong category. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
R Specific Inhaler question (sorry!!) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 33
J I'm sorry ...another how long quesiton ! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
jefferson1666 stupid asthma problems.. sorry angry doc o worry alot about these things.. Health & Fitness 18
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Sorry, chook, the Hot Pot's off... Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 1
soleil A Sorry End: Queen's Former Flagship HMS Invincible Arrives In Turkey To Be Scrapped The Fleet 4
M sorry to post this but can't find the information any were Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
J sorry its a blonde one Miscellaneous 0
Jarhead Sorry for not posting this earlier... The Corps 3
C Waiting times...Again sorry to ask! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
Merlin28 Sorry but we are going to lose tomorrow Diamond Lil's 9
N Sorry guys...another eyesight one... Health & Fitness 4
Y Another Asthma Question - Sorry I know its repetative Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
J Donibristle RNAS pics [ sorry cross-posted in shore bases ] History 1
Powder Sorry for the extremely "newbie" question but.. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
Ja5on Can't find it sorry Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
T Sorry The Gash Barge 0
Ja5on Sorry Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 9
C sorry guys , noob question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
rod-gearing Oops,sorry Mack Diamond Lil's 3
Maxi_77 I almost feel sorry for the Bankers Current Affairs 24
Good_CO All Logged Out - Sorry for the inconvenience Site Issues 10
buggerit84 Sorry hig Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
B Sorry Another newbie. The Corps 13
Good_CO Sorry about the site outage Site Issues 4
Good_CO Login Issues Again - Sorry! Site Issues 2
D AIB (sorry) Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 8
toejam sorry to bore you ...... The Gash Barge 8
golden_rivet dog fighting - sorry not really a sport! Sports and Adventure Training 9
brazenhussy sorry Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
Lost_Soul Sorry, Me Again with a Question... Submariners 4
slim Arnie to Paris: Sorry, too busy to help Diamond Lil's 17
creddly Sorry Guys : ( Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 46
PAVEWAY_3 Good lad ,check this out .He had to say sorry! Diamond Lil's 12
The_Caretaker Sorry Girls Diamond Lil's 1
The_Caretaker How to say Sorry Diamond Lil's 8
C Diver Eyesight.. sorry Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
L another eyesight question... yeah I know, sorry. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS ODP Engage 2020 – What an amazing week it’s been! MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 28 south-east employers have been recognised in the 2020 Silver Employer Recognition Scheme Awards MoD News 0