Sorry Another newbie.

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by by_the_blood_yorkist, Oct 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good Morning,

I am currently a second year chemistry student, I am due to graduate
    in June 2010, and am intending to apply to the RM officer intake at septemeber 2010, I know thats a good two years away, but Ive heard
    the application process is up to a year long.

So when should I go to the AFCO and start talking to people?

And also is joining the the RNR/RMR a good/viable idea?

Thank You

2. Hey mate i advise you to leave this website, go on, they will answer all your questions, everyone on that website is joining the RM.

Best of luck,
    Luke (Chicogiz)
  3. No time like the present. Get to the AFCO, get the ball rolling and get on a POC. The sooner you find out if you are up to scratch (or not) the better. The Service understands that you are at Uni and won't expect you to drop everything and join.
  4. Also its a good idea to join the RMR as then you will know if you like the type of work you will be doing. I know a few people in RMR while they are at uni.

Best of luck,
  5. As DE has said (ignore Chico) there really is no time like the present.
    Just because you walk into an AFCO wanting to be an RM Officer in 2 years or so it doesn't mean you will stumble out having signed up as a Submariner Comms Rating for 22 years :) Just start to make you're face known and things will be much easier when the time comes :)
  6. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Be aware that Chico is 16 going on 12 and knows f*** all, his advice should be treated accordingly
  7. go by them, the information they give is wrong
  8. For Blood Yorkist.

The bottom line is. If you want to enter as a RM Officer in September 2010 you will need to have been through the process and be successful at AIB/POC by December of 2009. There is no time like the present to go to your local AFCO and start the ball rolling.
  9. I was curious about this too. As i'm only just about to have my filter interview, i'm going to be looking at a 2010 start date if i pass POC/AIB aren't I?

10. That's about the long and short of if. However, it has been known to have the deadline extended in extreme circumstances if not enough candidates of the right calibre pass the AIB/POC by the December of the preceeding year. But you cannot bank on this, so you should always be working on the December deadline. :dwarf:
  11. So, they finish the selection process 9 months before the actual entry date?
  12. Your maths are correct. Shouldn't have a problem with the psychometric tests then should you.!!!!
  13. Chico the font of all shoite.
    Have you done that Parachute jump yet?
    Passed your recruitment test?
    Then feck off to PRMC with your BS, you chav mong.
  14. Evening all

I know for the Navy if you pass the AIB your put on a list in order of marks and they take
    who they need from the top down, is it the same for the Marines?

Do they select on POC or AIB or both?

Also if you pass the POC and fail AIB do you have to do both again? If you pass POC is the right to sit AIB automatic?