Sooo passed my RT...

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Doosh, Oct 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. went for AET and missed it by 2 marks was a lil gutted, but im going for ET(WE) which sounds just as good to be honest :),got my medical and interview in 2 weeks anyone got any tips/advice?

Cheers Doosh

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yes, don't "Go Commando" to your medical as you have to strip off down to underwear.

Have a read through selection interview advice.

Good luck with the rest of it.

3. Best piece of advice which I was given before I joined was join nothing but the Fleet Air Arm. Wise words I can assure you. Never looked back. Says it all when the top 10% of the Navy are drafted to the Fleet Air Arm. My advice is try and try again.

4. Jeez, that is seriously quick.
    I had/have to wait a month until my PJFT and Medical. Haven't been told when my Sift interview is yet, hoping they give me a bit of time to get into the "next phase" state of mind. I am preparing as we speak. :)

5. I applied for AET aswell and just missed out by it. Had my RT yesterday.
    But dont know if I can wait 12 months, its a long time.

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Really? Top ten percent of what in the Navy? :?

The top scorers in the recruiting test join the Warfare branch, the top academic achievers become Medical Officers, the best looking are Marine Engineers, the top physically fittest blokes join the Royal Marines, the top beard growers & sandals wearers are Hydrographers, the top mirror-checkers are Divers ....