Soon to be an AET.

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by chewy, Oct 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

Just had my date for basic training so am soon to be one of you lot! So feel free to let me know what I'm letting myself in for. Any funny stories or advice about your basic training and phase two at Sultan or other training establishments would make a good read. Get you all remanising on days gone by.

2. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Don't tire yourself out taking long walks around the parade ground at Sultan. Just bimble across it. It's one of the few areas where you can use a mobile phone outdoors while smoking a tab scratching your arrse with any hands you have left in your pockets. If some old duffer with a walking stick shouts at you, tell him to fcuk off. He's the janitor. Tell your classmates. :wink:

One post (here) would have done Chewy. Welcome to Rum Ration.

3. Good lad.

You've been selected to join the premier fighting arm of the Royal Navy. There will be many people (jealous people) who will call you names like WAFU! (Wet and F***ing Useless), Airy Fairy, and many other derogatory names, but stick with it and you'll be on the flight deck with your deckchair, sunning yourself up on the way to foreign shores.

Just remember:

Raleigh is not the real Navy, just do your 8 weeks, get your head down and move on to your real job.

See you at Sultan maybe.

4. Dont salute anyone unless they have saluted you first ,

Wecome to RR , & the best of luck , Raleigh will fly by , :p

5. Like others have said already, headdown at Raleigh then"fly" through Sultan to become one the "prime/elite" branch in HMS !! Enjoy.

6. hey there. im at raliegh as we speak. just about to start week 4. tbh its a lot easier than i expected so far. just shut up when your told, keep ya head down and wash ya kit as soon as uve used it and u'll fly by.

also, dont forget to ask the marine parade instructor what instrument he plays!

7. u can do the same on raleighs parade ground always tell ur class leader that u are allowed to bimble across it.....

8. LMFAO, don't forget theres a RM drill instructor there too. You're to call him Sarge if he addresses you.

9. If you're really lucky you'll be selected as Button Boy and stand on the Button on the Mast 200 ft off the ground. You'll get 75p for that. Enough for a Mars bar! ET(WE)Pooley will explain it all to you... :wink:

10. Hey and welcome!

Remember that you are allowed to eat chocolate or any form of sweets (nutty) in your accomodation during training. Smoking in your rooms is allowed, as long as you don't get caught!

Good luck!

p.s. since when were trainees allowed to use the t'net during basic?

11. oh u can play a multiplayer army game cant remember wat its called it in the girls block and pellews block its fun...

12. And most important of all, The Master at Arms gets very offended if you do not address him as Chief.